First fertility appointment...

Hey all

Phew, only just got home!

It went really well. The lovely lady doctor asked me loads of lifestyle/personal questions about me and hubby. She then gave me a thorough internal examination and also took some swabs, just to check for infections. Then she went through all the tests etc they will be doing and what they are all for. So I will be having bloods on CD2 (hormone levels/check I'm ov'ing) and CD20/21 (prog, oestr, rubella), ultrasound scan to check ovaries/cervix, HSG xray (with the dye) to check tubes/womb and hubby must also have a sperm analysis.

The only downside is that because of my age (40 in next few weeks) I would not be eligible for IVF treatment on the NHS. But I'm not thinking that far ahead anyway. She did say that they can give me drugs to stimulate ov if necessary so right now i'm not worried at all.

One thing though that does concern me a little - after she examined me she said she could feel a thickening of what she thought was my womb lining, indicating possible endometriosis, but as I am not showing any other symptoms to that effect she says it could have just been my bowel and contents she felt - eugh sorry about that last bit lol..

So lots to do over the next few weeks and we'll see what happens O:)

x

oh all sounds good, ill prepare myself for an internal just incase,

how do you feel now knowing the ball is all rolling ?x

Really glad the wheels have been set in motion. I'm nervous at the same time though. I'm just hoping the doctor's initial thoughts about endo prove to be wrong. Still it's better to know than not...x

yeah and dont worry about the ivf i hope it doesnt come to that for you xx

good luck for the future xx

thats great news and sounds like they did exactly the same as i had at mine x

Hey karla!

Good to know the nhs is consistent lol. I'm booked in for CD21 bloods and hubby's just waiting to hear about when to do his "bit" lol. Bit of a pain though is that I'll be on holiday (here in the UK) for CD2 bloods. I'm wondering if it can be arranged to go to a surgery elsewhere, as long as you take your hospital slip with you. What do you think??

x

ohhh it would be worth asking and they could just ring in the results to your doctor xx

Yeah that's what I'm hoping. I'll ask when I have CD21 bloods done. Don't fancy waiting another month...x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->