• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

First fet cycle please give me some success stories 2lift my spirits & any tips

Liovec

Reaction score
Hi I'm now on day 7 of my fet cycle and just feel blue I've done a fresh Ivf cycle which failed and 6 rounds of clomid that's also failed have been ttc for 3 yrs and I just feel like it's never going to happen I don't want to feel this way I used to feel so positive about it any tips or advice on lifting my spirits or for succes? Any help will be much appreciated x

Hi Liovec

Sorry you are feeling blue. Im not much help as i am just going through my first cycle of ivf but I wanted to say there is definitely still hope. I've been trying to conceive since what seems like forever...8 years but hope is what keeps me going. It's amazing the successes you can read on here about people like us who just think it could never happen to them and then they get that long awaited BFP.

Good luck with your journey.

What does FET involve compared to IVF?

Thank you for your reply good luck with your cycle I find the fet cycle less difficult and draining just emotionally I'm struggling more as I guess its just even longer without my bfp I've been going through this for 3 years so to know you still feel positive after 8 makes you very strong and gives me hope that it's just a weak week lol I have hospital on Monday so a scan and more medication so hoping that goes well x

Thank you for your reply good luck with your cycle I find the fet cycle less difficult and draining just emotionally I'm struggling more as I guess its just even longer without my bfp I've been going through this for 3 years so to know you still feel positive after 8 makes you very strong and gives me hope that it's just a weak week lol I have hospital on Monday so a scan and more medication so hoping that goes well x

I didn't feel so strong when I got upset with the doctors surgery on the phone just now! Lol. It's a frustrating journey but hopefully one that will end in much happiness.

I think it's natural to have ups and downs...I think it's impossible not to when I'm sure all around you, like me, their are babies everywhere.

Hope the scan goes well for Monday I'll be having one then too but my next one is on Saturday.

Stay positive and wishing you all the best!

Hi Liovec,

I'm sorry you're down and I really don't have any tips for success, but wanted to let you know FET's after failed fresh cycles work all the time. Check out the IVF Success page for example after example. In fact, my son is one of them. How many frosties do you have? For me, it was all about perseverance after a failed cycle. I know how hard it is emotionally, physically, financially, etc., but it can work. Good luck going forward!

Thank you I will have a look at the success page I have 8 so I'm very lucky in that respect its just so difficult I think I'm just very hormonal at the moment lol x

Baseline scan yesterday lining was at 2.6 very happy gave me the boost I needed how are you all doing? X

Oh that's brilliant Liovec. 8 frosties is great...I'm having another scan tomorrow and egg collection on Friday. How many follicles did you have prior to collection? I'm a bit worried as I have 31. Check out my journal for more details if you are interested.

So what's next? Have you got another scan date or?

Sending you lots of luck for this cycle

Thanks I believe I had 18 I also have pcos so was worried about egg quality and the majority of them were good so try not to worry like you said it only takes 1 are you being put to sleep for your egg collection? Your very brave doing the injections yourself I still haven't done one lol my husband does them for me it means I have to get up at 5.30 every morning but I'd rather that than do it myself I even use numbing cream I'm terrible with needles! Lol My next scan is on Tuesday I have started the meds to build my lining so fingers crossed they work well x

Yeah thankfully I'll be asleep for collection! Honestly I have only the tiniest red pin prick where each injection has been. I was a nervous wreck at the start!

Wow 5:30 is early...I've been getting up at 6:40 incase I needed hubby to do them for me and I thought that was early! I don't blame you for feeling that way about the injections...it's the thought that is the worst for me.

Brilliant so a week for that lining to build up! Grow lining grow!!

I think it's best I was too have you has a endometrial scratch? I think the meds will work as they are the same I took for my fresh cycle and it grew to 12 I felt exhausted on the burserlin the last week but since taking the prognova feel like I have much more energy so hopefully it's upwards from here on x

No I haven't had an endometrial scratch. I'll look it up.
Glad you are feeling like you have more energy. I think for me it's just a draining process because it's something you really want and you think about it a lot. I've not heard of any of those Meds but it sounds promising if it all worked well last time.

It's nice having someone to talk to even though I know we are at different stages...thank you!

Oh I know literately all day every day! The tww wait was the worst for me I felt like it took 6 months lol what meds do you have for your lining? Thank you also! It really does help having someone to talk to I'm sure you have family and friends too but nobody really understands unless they are going through it X

That's totally how I feel!

Yes can imagine the tww being the hardest part...must somehow try to be busy for that...I'm on school holidays so you've got all day to think! Lol

I've been taking 150iu Gonal F...I'm think it'll be my last one tomorrow.

When was your fresh ivf transfer? Have you got a journal I can stalk?

My fresh transfer was early May I had 2 cycles off before starting again it was my hospitals procedure but I would of done that anyway I needed that break emotionally & physically no I don't have one I don't know how to do that I'm not very good on here lol I will have a look
Into it x

Yeah my clinic has the same rules as that. I can't begin to imagine how you were feeling but I know they tell us to be prepared for it...not sure how we can though.

Have got everything crossed for this cycle...lots of people have them all frozen and then go on to get their bfp.

If you do start a journal...send me the link!

Yes you definitely can't prepare yourself for that feeling but somehow you just deal with it it's crazy what you can do when you put your mind to it thank you I'm hoping and praying too good luck for Friday let me know how you get on X

Good morning Liovec. Been told to trigger tonight. What a mix of emotions! Excited, scared, nervous, worried...

I've been given another sheet about OHSS...she measured 44 follicles this morning! :-/

Anyway trigger tonight with egg collection on Friday as expected and then we see how I'm feeling. She mentioned the possibility of having to freeze them all a again today so I suppose I should keep that in my mind. I'm just hoping it doesn't come to that.

If all goes well the plan is to have them put back in on Wednesday 31st August. My lining was 11.9mm today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"