First follicular scan...

sonyabazonya

Reaction score
Hey ladies, so tomorrow im getting my first follicular scan :D (finally!!!) i was talking to my mum yesterday bout the scan, as shes a walking encyclopedia and she said " bloody nurses, they be pressin down on ur overies and when ya start yelpin they dont get why ur in pain" has anyone had one of these done? and is really uncomfortable?

I had my ovaries scanned, and they did think it was an awfully good idea to put (what seemed like) a plastic baseball bat up my girl parts and then press on my ovaries with some decent pressure. I wasn't even close to O, and it wasn't comfortable! I can't imagine having it done with swelling to accommodate growing follies! Just trying to be honest with ya... the other part that sucks is that they have to angle the "bat" about 35 degrees to get it against the ovary area. :(

I'm hoping it's nothing for you and I'm just a whiny baby though! :)

Good luck hun! I hope they find nice, big follies ready to pop! :)

Good luck for tomorrow Sonya - hope everything comes out well - PMA

oh no i must be in luck then :D cuz im getting them ole cramps now :S thanks for the info though, it's nice to have a heads up before they start doing 35 degree angles in my poor foo!!!

Yeah. No one warned me about the odd angles needed to reach the ovary areas... it wasn't really painful at all... it was odd and uncomfortable and unpleasant, but not painful. There was no pain until pushing the ovaries as close to the "bat" at they could, and then it wasn't terrible pain. I don't know that I can call any of it painful... just SO uncomfortable. It's a really weird sensation if you've never had an internal before. Not a good feeling, but not painful. I don't know what else to call it. LOL

Good luck, honey!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->