First foods ?

coz

Mummy to 2 boys
Reaction score
Im going to start giving Charlie solids in the next few weeks now hes nearlly 6 months i would like to start soon , i allready have some baby rice and rusks in the house what other things could i give him to start off with ?

I was told to start with yellow/orange vegetables, carrots, sweet potatoes, parsnips, that kind of thing. Then move onto fruits,you do the veggies first so they dont get too used to the sweet flavour apparently :)

Heinz baby rices, the veggie ones, Louis absolutely loves these, they are very light and you can just add as much as you need.. Plus you can control the consistancy (sp?) because you just add warm previously boiled water..

Starting Louis on these gave him a taste for veggies, I didn't give him anything sweet for a few weeks.. He really prefers his veggie dinners now, but he enjoys his fruits too!!

Humm I started max on fruits :) and I guesse im lucky he takes after dad and eats anything that goes in his mouth ...hopefully its like that for meats

You can get a cow and gate baby cereal with apple and banana....Tabs loves this! and opens her mouth so so so wide for it and doesnt waste any!
I tried it too and am tempted to live off it!
She also has home made sweet potato ....yum yum and i tried her on brocolli and pea but she wasnt so keen on that one...will keep trying a little of that though as it can take a while for them to get used to a taste.
At the mo i have carrots and normal potatoes and apple on the hob....not mixed together....so ill see how that goes..
Goodluck with Charlie

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->