First injections

LynnieH

Reaction score
Frankie had her first immunisations today. I know that it can make some babies get temperatures and can be distressing at the time but is it normal for a LO to sleep then wake up very distressed?

Frankie cried, had a short bfeed. Slept for about 1 and half hours but then woke up and cried hysterically for about an hour. I have just about managed to feed her but she has cried herself to sleep again. Jonny was never like this. I have given her 2.5ml of calpol. Any suggestions?

I would say its quite normal, a lot of babies dont respond well to injections, may go off feeding, sleep more and seem generally grouchy, and get a temperature.

Try not to worry, she is prob just not very impressed about the whole thing. Noah hated me for a day or two afterwards, made me feel like a right cow!

I would say its normal too, jamie was the same. It was after his first lot of jabs the rest were fine. He slept for ages then suddenly woke up and cryed for england ! was really unsettled for the rest of the day.

Lewis was exactly the same Lynnie.

Calpol helped him - the following day he was back to his normal self.

Hope things settle down x

She is sleeping and settled now but she has a huge bruise on her left thigh. It is about two inches long and an inch wide. No wonder she was crying bless her!

LynnieH said:
She is sleeping and settled now but she has a huge bruise on her left thigh. It is about two inches long and an inch wide. No wonder she was crying bless her!

They do say that sometimes it feels like a lump their too, like a 50p piece, so if you dofeel a lump their for a few days dont be alarmed.

Red lump on one side and a bruise on the other!! I wish I could have the injections for her poor little mite!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->