First IUI - Looking for IUI Buddies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbikins

Mom to DD (RIP) & DS
Reaction score
Hey Ladies,

This is my first round of IUI. I'm on CD4 & so I'm just waiting until start testing next Saturday for my procedure.
We've been trying for a year & have unexplained infertility. Husband & I have both conceived in the past so this is a bit strange to us!

I've also started acupuncture this week. My doc says it's been known to increase the rate from 40-60%. Since I have insurance to cover it - it certainly doesn't hurt!

Looking for some ladies for support :)

Good luck to you! I am currently in my TWW from IUI#1....I test on Feb 14th :)

Great! That would b a cool VDay gift!!!
I should be O'ing around the 14th.
How was the procedures?! Did they use HGC shot? And Q - did you get progesterone for your TWW? Curious what I'm up for :)

The procedures were great, no issues at all except for the travelling as I'm 2.5 hrs away from my clinic. I used Ovidrel as a trigger shot last Wed night, had IUIs on Thurs and Fri morning. I start progesterone suppositories tomorrow. Are you doing a medicated IUI?

I'm also on my first round of IUI this month. On my 4th day of taking Clomid, expecting IUI around the 13th or 14th. Like Zimmy, I'll have the ovidrel shot and the progesterone. So far, so good, hardly any side effects from the Clomid. Fingers crossed...

Hey ladies!
Hmmm well I don't need hormones to regulate my Ovulation but I have been told that I would likely get the HCG shot (that is Ovidrel right?) so they can control when I ovulate. But beyond that, I don't need hormonal support. Is the Progesterone suppository some thing that everyone has to do?

barbikins - I have unexplained infertility, I ovulate on my own as well. I did Gonal F injections in order to produce more eggs of good quality (to give sperm more targets essentially). I had an early miscarriage in Oct 2010, so I was given the Progesterone to take. I don't think it's something everyone needs though.

esah - good thing you don't have side effects! What dosage Clomid are you on? I did 6 rounds of Clomid and didn't care for the side effects - I got all of them! lol

Thanks for explaining this to me! I've emailed my nurse to ask about the hormones.
I have unexplained infertility too! All my tests came back perfect.

What are the side effects for taking Clomid? I don't want to take Clomid.
Also, I don't want to risk multiple pregnancy. So I hope we can do it w/o any hormones.

Clomid gave me headaches, hot flashes, and vision problems. No fun. The big side effect with injectables is multiple pregnancy...though in Canada they will cancel the cycle if you have too many big follicles....maximum 3 I think. If you are not ok with twins, it would be better to go with IVF (if you can afford it) as the Doctors can control how many embryos are transferred.

Unexplained infertility sucks, doesn't it! So frustrating :(

We certainly cannot afford IVF so I can only hope that IUI will work at some point. I hope it will be this month of course!
So, as I am reading - this is your third IUI attempt but first actual procedure eh? That must really be frustrating. Didn't your cycle monitoring nurse see when you were ovulating or did it happen before your day 10? My clinic got me in on day 3 & back on day 10. I don't know how they determine this. Some woman Ovulate on Day 12!
I wish I had shorter cycles rather than long. I'd have more chances to get knocked up LOL

And yes unexplained is scary. At least if there is an issue - you can go in, fix it - and hopefully that'll take care of the situation. Right?

Hey ladies! This is my first IUI as well. I have done all the tests and I am fine. I usually have a cycle of 30-33 days...My husband has problems. He has a good sperm count and motility but he has a sperm morphology issues, like 2% and the normal is like 14% so they want me to do Clomid and HCG shot as well. I am nervous and have no idea what to expect. I am CD1 and will be calling them right after work to get started but I am so nervous. I am not afraid of multiples but just nervous we will be paying the $500 or so and it not work and I am not liking the fact I have to take Clomid and get the HCG shot...the clomid, is it just a pill?

I'm in the same boat, can't afford IVF. And since I've already paid for a whole cycle of meds before this round, I'm actually in this about $4100 already....ouch! Of course it will be worth it if I get the BFP!!

October's IUI was cancelled due to early ovulation. I ovulated on CD9 which is really early. I hope that that is the reason I'm "unexplained" actually, as I was put on Centritide injections this round to prevent my body from ovulating early. I was monitored every 3rd day from CD 3, and then every day when my follicles were about 16mm....

Hey ladies! This is my first IUI as well. I have done all the tests and I am fine. I usually have a cycle of 30-33 days...My husband has problems. He has a good sperm count and motility but he has a sperm morphology issues, like 2% and the normal is like 14% so they want me to do Clomid and HCG shot as well. I am nervous and have no idea what to expect. I am CD1 and will be calling them right after work to get started but I am so nervous. I am not afraid of multiples but just nervous we will be paying the $500 or so and it not work and I am not liking the fact I have to take Clomid and get the HCG shot...the clomid, is it just a pill?

Hey Hun! Thanks for joining my thread! I have 30-33 day average too!
What is Morphology?! Don't be afraid. Lots of woman use Clomid. If you don't have ovulation issues, why do you have to take Clomid?
I confirmed today that I will get HGC shot to induce ovulation but won't need progesterone. I hope I don't have any bad side effects. Eeeeep!

Clomid is a pill & I believe you take it for about 5 days before ovulation.

I'm in the same boat, can't afford IVF. And since I've already paid for a whole cycle of meds before this round, I'm actually in this about $4100 already....ouch! Of course it will be worth it if I get the BFP!!

October's IUI was cancelled due to early ovulation. I ovulated on CD9 which is really early. I hope that that is the reason I'm "unexplained" actually, as I was put on Centritide injections this round to prevent my body from ovulating early. I was monitored every 3rd day from CD 3, and then every day when my follicles were about 16mm....

$4100 for drugs since two months ago? Wow! Do you have benefits? Mine cover 50% of fertility drugs. And I have my own & hubby's so it will be covered entirely.

CD9 is very early!!!! How long is your cycle?!

Amcolecchi - Yes, Clomid is a pill. IUI works really well for male morphology-related infertility, so you have a great chance!!

Barbikins - no, I have to pay everything out of pocket, my insurance dropped fertility drugs from my plan last year :( My cycles are pretty regular 28 days, give or take a few days, but the month I ovulated early it was only about 20 days.

zimmy, sorry you weren't as lucky with the side effects! I am on 100mg. I am almost wondering if it's not working...?
barbikins, I also ovulate on my own and had great hormone test results, so I was surprised when they recommended Clomid. But I guess the idea is that I should ovulate 2 eggs this month and so twice the chance of getting pregnant. I also am worried about multiples. I want one health baby carried to term. But I decided to risk it because I would rather have 2 than zero...

Thanks ladies! They want me to do clomid because they want to be able to "control" everything for the IUI. It was weird for me too, I figured since I ovulate, I wouldn't have to take it..but I think they want it to be more of a 28 day cycle thing...How much is clomid? I started yesterday and forgot to call because I wasn't sure if I was ready for an IUI but my husband's morphology is so low and we did research and really and IUI is best...Morphology is the shape of his sperm...I guess every guy has some abnormal shaped ones but the 2% means he only has 2% good ones!! So VERY low...normal I think is like 15+% so IUI is our best chance...They want to do an HCG shot too...I feel like they are doing a lot too me...even though I am okay, is this because they really want me to get prego the first round of IUI? What happens if the first round doesn't work..do you go again the second month or do you take a break? Sorry I am just super nervous!!! Good luck to you ladies!!!

Hi all!

I have started my first IUI cycle as well. I am on CD9, took clomid cd3-7, I will be going in for monitoring on Thursday to see if I am ready for my trigger shot - ovidrel (the HCG shot) and I will be put on progesterone for 15 days after the IUI. I have really long cycles 50 days + so hoping that all these meds will help me achieve a normal cycle. Looking forward to chatting with you all and supporting everyone through this journey! :thumbup:

Hey Ladies,

This is my first round of IUI. I'm on CD4 & so I'm just waiting until start testing next Saturday for my procedure.
We've been trying for a year & have unexplained infertility. Husband & I have both conceived in the past so this is a bit strange to us!

I've also started acupuncture this week. My doc says it's been known to increase the rate from 40-60%. Since I have insurance to cover it - it certainly doesn't hurt!

Looking for some ladies for support :)

Hey all!

I am SO happy I found this thread!! TOMORROW is my first IUI! I have been here on BnB for a while but new to this IUI/Assisted Conception section so I would love to find some buddies going through the same thing:)

Got my HCG (Ovidrel) shot this morning and tomorrow is the big day! I am nervous and excited!!

They are only doing one IUI, I see some people get 2 (like one day after the first). They are going to tell else when else we should be BDing after the IUI. Nothing like prescribed BDing!

Good luck to everyone I'm glad we found each other and thank you barbikins for starting this thread!

Hi Elle!

So glad you joined...I just joined as well, my first post ever :)

So excited that you have your IUI tomorrow...I am in the same boat, they will only give me one insemination as well, I think it all depends on when your expected to ovulate and if you are going to BD too.

How did the ovidrel shot go? Mine is getting delivered today along with my progesterone suppositories that I will take after my IUI. Hoping to do the shot Thursday evening after my monitoring appt but I am scared to give it to myself!

Good luck - can't wait to hear updates!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"