First IUI - Looking for IUI Buddies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barb....your ultrasound was today right?? How did it go?

Hey Ladies,

My Ultra Sound went very well - measuring 6+1 and heart beat was seen.
I am however carrying 2 beans....but we have to do a reduction to 1. So I had a heavy heart to see that there were two but the main thing is, I got pregnant. And we're on our way. It will be a difficult journey but one my husband & I are confident in our decision.
So, here's to a happy & healthy 9 months & baby.

So glad to hear that you've seen a heartbeat I wish you all the very best for the next 7.5 months.

So glad u saw your bean. I just read your journal and understand where ur coming from. Everything has to be based on your health as well as baby:) xo

Thank you Manda! I can't go through another complicated pregnancy.
A co-worker of mine lost his baby on Friday from an early birth...too soon. 22.5 weeks & it nailed it for DH & I that we can't go through another loss or early pregnancy.

Barbi, I know what you must be feeling is so difficult but you are right, you can't take any risks. You are doing the absolute best thing for your health and the health of your baby. So very happy for both you and your husband, I hope your pregnancy goes smoothly for the remainder! Xo

Ladies, Im so excited! Finally for DH to do an IUI! And the big day is today!! I cant wait!!

Thanks ladies for your support & understanding!xo

Danni I'm so sorry xo
Do you have any long term plans, alternatively? Or will you keep on trucking?

Halei, I wish you all the best Yippeee!

Thank you Manda! I can't go through another complicated pregnancy.
A co-worker of mine lost his baby on Friday from an early birth...too soon. 22.5 weeks & it nailed it for DH & I that we can't go through another loss or early pregnancy.

Only you know what is best for you. Only you can decide what to do. Thank you for sharing. Your health comes first.

I will likely be joining you ladies this Summer as we have chosen to do IUI for our 2nd go around. It worked so well the first time. I am nervous as I met a woman at our Dr appt last time that said like me her first IUI worked like a charm, but her second was 6 tries and counting. I will be doing TCM herbs and acupuncture as my AMH doubled last time that way.

Anyone else doing acupuncture?

I'm wondering how I will keep it a secret from work will all the monitoring appts. My boss straight up asked me if I was doing IVF. He's stuck in the stone age. I told him he can't ask that. Unreal. So starting to prep myself as we are 3mos out from where we want to start this.

So happy to hear success stories on here. It keeps me encouraged.

Hi girls... Had my 16dpo bloodwork today or 11dpt5dt. My beta was 909! Nurse called and said my first ultrasound will be next Monday at 5weeks2days to look for gestational and yolk sac.

Congrats Barbi. That's wonderful that you have healthy beans. I wish you only the best.

Babywhisper - I did acupuncture. I loved it. I actually did it prior to the transfer and after the transfer. I believe in it!

How is everyone else?

Danni - sorry for the witch!

Just came back from my IUI... I'm so sad... DH's count dropped a lot! I don't understand how that can be possible... On his first SA 3 months ago he had 31 million per ml and today we did our IUI and he ejaculated 4 times on the cup and got 10 million per ml. He's been drinking less coffee and less alcohol has been taking all his supplements... I don't understand.. can anyone shed some light on this?

I went to the doctor so excited about our IUI and no I feel so down... :( I know that all I need is 1, but I feel really discouraged right now...

Try not to feel down. You are right all u need is one. For my first IUI I had 143 million and didn't get pregnant. What I mean is more isn't always better. Try and stay positive and think to yourself "yes it's going to work".

Good luck :)

My question Barb is why you would even transfer two knowing the risks? You did IVF which is very controlled and you were given a choice on how many to transfer. I always chose two but did so fully welcoming the possibility of twins. It's a blessing to see two little HB's. It makes me sick along with many others who are afraid to post on here that you would do this and then be upset that both took. Those babies are alive and you are essentially killing one because of selfish wants and needs. If your health concerns were that bad, then two should never have been put back.

It's so easy to sit behind a computer and judge people.

IVF is not very controlled. It's as controlled as science can make it.

But at the end of the day no one knows if it's going to work or not.

To say it's very controlled would contradict all the women who try multiple IVF over many yrs without success.

At the end of the day we all have decisions to make....and it makes me sick when I see women judge other women so harshly. Who does this help?

I thought we are here to support each other. It's interesting how not having contributed on this thread before some people can decide to only join in to make unpleasant comments.

I totally agree breaking!! People who don't understand or know all the facts behind someone's "choice" need to keep their mouths shut.

We understand why u chose this way barb and are happy for you that this will finally be your take home baby!! Xo

For your information I've done multiple IVF's and IUI's to conceive my children. My RE always tried talking me into transferring one. I don't believe for a second yours encouraged you to do two knowing the "risks" and then supporting you reducing. A smart doctor wouldn't put someone at risk.

Exactly my point. As you said you were successful.

There are women out there that were NOT successful after multiple IVFs. And some have had no success at all.

If you have nothing supportive to say......nothing said is better.

It doenst matter what you believe happened.

Is anyone else here criticizing anyone for their choices.....yet you are making a point to come here and make negative comments. And then society wonders why children are bullies!!!!

I was successful after multiples attempts. I lost several pregnancies. Can't imagine purposely killing one of my children after all this. You are aborting a twin Barb plain and simple. Good luck choosing which one gets to live.

And I will say it again....you were successful and have children. Good for you and your choices.

And I guess people who don't use all their embryos also decide which ones they will kill by not using them....

Again...thanks for coming to a thread where you have never posted before just to be a bully. It is that kind of behaviour that makes awful role models for children today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"