First IUI (with injectables) in July. Anyone else?

squirrel.

Happy mummy of three
Reaction score
Hi ladies! :wave:

Well I am finally able to say that we are finally doing an IUI! :dance: For a long time it looked like we would never be able to afford it, but through my beautiful mum's generosity, we are able to go ahead and try one cycle (we have two kids already, so NHS couldn't offer any help).

We've been trying for this last baby for nearly 16 months now and have suffered three very early losses in that time. Earlier this year, when I went to the fertility clinic, they discovered I have PCOS, which explains why we've been struggling. I don't understand how I managed to have two kids with no problems (with Isla we only tried two months!), but it is what it is and it's nice to know why we've been having trouble.

Clomid helped me conceive (even without the IUI), but I lost both those pregnancies. I am so hopeful that with the injectables, I will have better quality eggs (and more of them please!) to have a better chance. I'm on 50 iu/0.5ml of puregon from CD3 possibly up to CD10 every day. They will monitor me with scans to see if I need to decrease or increase the dosage. My first scan is on Tuesday - CD7, four days after starting the puregon. When I have a few follicles at 16mm they will start booking in trigger and IUI. After that I'll be on cyclogest (progesterone).

I am so so so hopeful for this month, but also, a little bit scared. If this doesn't work... then I don't know what. My FS wants my husband to have DNA fragmentation done on his sperm and the thought that there might be something wrong genetically, which will mean our only real chance will be with IVF/ICSI, is truly terrifying!

Is there anyone else out there doing an IUI this month and want to be IUI buddies? :flower:

Hey Squirrel I am 7dpiui today. Did our first IUI last Saturday. This month I did 100mg Clomid and was supposed to trigger but my body decided to go ahead and surge the night before trigger so our timeline got moved up.

We have been TTC for 21 months now. Suspected that my husbands anti-seizure meds were causing problems but have found out in the past 6months that we are both normal so now we are unexplained infertility.

Had our first RE appt in May and decided there that we would do IUI in June. Things got moving very fast after that first appt.

I had 3 eggs on my right side at 21mm and he had 30million post wash. From what I know I think those are great numbers and was very confident in this working this month. But now here is am 7dpiui and I feel like AF is coming.

Hi Megs. Wow, your chances sound great this cycle! Three follicles leaves you with a great chance. When are you thinking of testing?

I just had my IUI 3 days ago. Just wanted to say I understand what you're going through. This was my 11th IUI. My 2nd using injectibles. Let's just say I've learned to handle disappointment and wait patiently. Good luck to both of you!!

Hi, I am scheduled to have my second IUI tomorrow. This one is with Clomid + GonalF + ovidrel. I have two follies 19.1 and 17.3 before trigger shot last night. Hope this cycle works.

Congrats squirrel and sophie for your BFP. Hope you both have happy n healthy 9 months and beyond.

I am feeling discomfort in my abdomen after ovidrel. Anyone else felt the same after trigger shot.:huh:

Hi, I am scheduled to have my second IUI tomorrow. This one is with Clomid + GonalF + ovidrel. I have two follies 19.1 and 17.3 before trigger shot last night. Hope this cycle works.

Congrats squirrel and sophie for your BFP. Hope you both have happy n healthy 9 months and beyond.

I am feeling discomfort in my abdomen after ovidrel. Anyone else felt the same after trigger shot.:huh:

It's probably just ovulation. Do you know if your E2 levels were routinely measured. It could be mild OHSS. I had it with my Follistim and Ovidrel cycles but it was worse with the 2nd cycle and only recently went away. My E2 was sky high though and I had 7 follies.

Good luck!!!

No my E2 was never measured and I had only two follies. I too hope it's ovulation as it is getting better now.

No my E2 was never measured and I had only two follies. I too hope it's ovulation as it is getting better now.

Prob so. And that's a great sign!! Sending you lots of baby dust. 💛

Hi!
I'm 3dpi today after I didn't respond well to IVF meds (1st cycle) and we decided against retrieval and to go ahead with an IUI.
I had 5 follicles overall, triggered Friday evening and had IUI Sunday morning. I hadn't ovulated before the IUI so who knows when I did.
This was my first time doing IUI with injectables (Lupron, Gonal-f, Ovidrel).

Hi!
I'm 3dpi today after I didn't respond well to IVF meds (1st cycle) and we decided against retrieval and to go ahead with an IUI.
I had 5 follicles overall, triggered Friday evening and had IUI Sunday morning. I hadn't ovulated before the IUI so who knows when I did.
This was my first time doing IUI with injectables (Lupron, Gonal-f, Ovidrel).

Good luck!!

Hi, I'm on my first IUI and TTC #1 I noticed you got preg by mc. sorry about your mc but I've never been preg and trying for what seems like forever. I have a friend that had 3 mc before her little girl was born. I have endo, so trying to reduce inflammation :/ I'm in the 2ww I have until Monday and I don't want to test, just trying to stay positive and not look into spot checking. I've been let down so many times! You'll probably get preg while you guys are saving up. I take co q10 and it increased my AMH from .07 to 1.25 - so maybe taking a month and doing a fertility cleanse, and incorporating co-q10 will do the trick. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"