First jabs :( boooo

kiraelliott

Mum & due #2 :)
Reaction score
Gotta do get baby jabbed up today, got DH coming for moral support, i'm gonna cry worse than she will! And I gotta ask about her reflux issues as she's still having a histamine reaction despite being covered from all angles on the allergies scale. Goddamn, babies upset me, lol.

How were u ladies with ur LO's and their first jabs?

xxx

mine has hers this afternoon too. Not looking forward to it, although she was brave with the heel prick so i'm hoping she'll be brave today too.

mine has hers this afternoon too. Not looking forward to it, although she was brave with the heel prick so i'm hoping she'll be brave today too.

Oh mine wasn't she screamed the place down but thankfully she's not too hard to calm down! Good luck with yours too! lol i'd rather be having them for her :(

:hugs:

Mine was SO upset, but then one of my brothers didn't even flinch with his! You never know! xx

LO had his on Monday. It was very traumatic for me. I cried more than him. He was in a lot of pain that same evening. Hope it goes as well as it can - it is over very quickly.

I think its worse for the parent, Every set of jabs brought tears to my eyes! xx

My LO had her's yesterday.....it was horrible! :cry:It took some time to calm her. I'd heard that she'd be grouchy and hot afterwards but she seemed fine, if a little more tired than usual. However she did have a projectile vom sesh last night which only seems to happen when she's under the weather.

Maisy had hers last week and I left her Grandad in the room whilst I did a runner to the waiting area, just couldn't bear to watch so total wimp. She screamed when they did the jab and for a few mins after but as I live 5 mins from docs just got her home and gave her calpol, then milk then cuddles. Not sure if it was the calpol or the jabs but she slept most of the day. Then gave her more calpol at bedtime and she was sleepy all the nxt day too. Aside from that she was absolutley fine!

Good luck i'm sure she'l be fine :)

Yeah, it's all done and dusted now, infact I think the waiting room's events were more traumatic for me, some poor old woman's very elderly mum had a fit n got carted off! Awful :/

She is very sleepy... even gone down at 10 tonight which is unusual coz she never wants to sleep alone before 12pm/1am! It's kinda nice lol

Me and my LO both cried, it was horrible! He was looking at me when he got his shots and screaming. I'm sure he associated me with the pain since he only saw me and i couldn't stop telling him how sorry i was :(

Ugh, I hated taking Lil for her first shots. They tag teamed her and got two in at once, and then did the other one. She cried, hard. I had thought I was gonna cry but I managed not to lol But she was done crying by the time she got re-dressed and we gathered up her stuff and went to the window to check out she was done crying.

The worst part for me was how she was so quiet and then ended up sleeping for 11 hours! That was kinda scary for me, but she never ran a fever and was back to normal the next day. The last time was easier. She goes for her 6 months next month and I'm not even worried about it now. So I'm sure you and you're Lo will be ok. :)

My LO cried so loud that that whole Nursery/delivery floor at hospital could hear him when he had his BCG shot. I'm a little concerned of future vaccines now that the CBS investigative team have been publishing some findings.

Aww bless u all... I didn't cry, i had a feeling i might not but the thought of it upset me! Especially when LO was asleep and the woman stuck one in her leg, then the other, she wailed for 20 seconds then went back to sleep! lol happy as larry for the rest of the day!

BCG really stung for me when I was like 13 n got it done, no wonder urs screamed the place down that would seriously hurt a baby! xx

A little late for you I'm sure but for anyone else who's going soon to get their baby their first set of shots, what helped my Lo was getting some baby Tylenol about 30 minutes before her appointment. The second time around she bounced back quicker, wasn't filling so crappy and didn't sleep for 11 hours!

Aww pupsicle it'll be alright! It really isn't as bad as it seems lol I think the build up is worse than the whole thing itself! Good for them to get used to it, no doubt when they're 16 they'll come begging for piercings when it won't seem like two seconds ago they were screaming their heads off in your lap lol :) i'm proof... i got two holes in my lips amongst other piercings! xxx

Oh and I was told tylenol/calpol shouldn't be used before jabs as it can reduce their effectiveness or something? That's what the nurse said to me anyways. Turns out my baby's been fine, no temperature or nothing, sleeping/eating/pooing/etc as per usual :) i'm just one of the lucky ones (lol I say that term lightly if anyone who knows me on here what i've been through just lately!)

Hope you're all having a lovely mothers day and ur LO's got you something lovely :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->