First midwife appointment - disappointing

Cocoa

Reaction score
Hi, id been looking forward to my first midwife appointment since i booked it in end of Dec. We went there yesterday and i was surprised to see the midwife in casual clothes - jeans and a cardigan! She seemed a bit all over the place and unsure of herself which made me very nervous. Then she tried to take my blood and failed both times and left me almost passing out. We didnt get a chance to ask questions and it was pretty much nothing. So im still unsure of it all.
The MW was very very nice and friendly, but just 'all over the place'. I dont think I could cope with that giving birth!

How was everyone elses first appointments?

i had the same midwife as last time and she remembered me! i did have a 11lb 6 onz baby though lol

yeah the first appointment is just filling out loads of paperwork so i suppose if she didnt know where she put everything she could have come across bumbling

the bloodwork though i would be a little eek about, could she just not find a vein? but still . . . . they couldnt find a vein when my husband had a blood test done a while ago but after a little while managed to do it still . . . .

i doubt that you will have the same midwife for the birth it is a possibility but my midwife only does 2 days in the hospital and the rest at the surgery and home visits and has 100 women on her books at any one time so this might be the case for yours?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->