First midwife appointment

third time

Reaction score
Bit scared really, don't know what to expect.

Had an early scan at 8 weeks +1 day and really hope they dont decide that I shouldn't get another like I have heard other people say!!

Do I need to take anything with me? What will happen? Is it just a talk?

Any advice welcome!!

Amy xx

Dont be scared - the midwife is there to answer all your questions and reassure you!

At this first appointment she probably will -

Give you lots of info and leaflets

Take your blood pressure

Measure your weight and height and calculate your BMI

Calculate your due date

Discuss your health and general wellbeing

Hope this helpx......xxx

Thanks for that - it's just my OH work are being funny about him having time off and so he can't come to this one, didn't want him to miss out on anything really

Thanks and good luck xx

thanks for this also, it will be my first midwife appointment and I dont know what to expect either, so dont worry your not alone! xxxx

When I had my 1st midwife appointment on wed she took my height, my weight, took urine sample, bloods, went over my medical history and my OH medical history etc. I never got a 12 wk scan booked as I had my dating scan at 9 wks. So she just booked my 20 wk scan over the phone witth the hosp for the 4th of june. She arranged for me to come back in May for blood tests to check for downs etc

and that was about it :)

hope yours goes well :)

:hugs:

Dont worry about your OH not being able to come - you wont be hearing any heartbeats or anything and it gives you the chance to discuss all the lovely, nitty gritty TMI stuff if you need too without having to worry about Oh falling off his chair xxx

Hello, saw you were in Stockport and had to reply.....are you under Stepping Hill? I have my first mid-wife appointment tomorrow, she is coming to the house at 1pm, it is a bit scary not knowing what to exect. My boyfriend seems to think it's some sort of test, I think he might turn up in a dinner suit and dickie bow, haha! Hope it goes well for you.

When i had my 1st midwife appointment it was just a brief chat. She worked out my due date, explained lots of things to me. She gave me loads of forms to take away and fill in.
I have my booking in appointment next week, which is when i think she will go over mine and oh medical history, do my weight and height etc. My booking in appointment is for an hour.

Hello, saw you were in Stockport and had to reply.....are you under Stepping Hill? I have my first mid-wife appointment tomorrow, she is coming to the house at 1pm, it is a bit scary not knowing what to exect. My boyfriend seems to think it's some sort of test, I think he might turn up in a dinner suit and dickie bow, haha! Hope it goes well for you.

Hi Sherryberry

Yeah I'm under Stepping Hill, but midwife appointment on wed is in Poynton at the doctors. I'm in Hazel Grove!!

Have been for 3 scans now at SH in the EPU and they've been great, had to have so many because I have a history of Eptopic!!

Good Luck xx

Hi had my scan few weeks ago and told i wouldnt get another scan until im 20wks, but im going to fight for another one as i have loads problems. Dont worry bout your midwife appointment mine was mainly filling in my notes xx

Thanks, I really hope I can have one as I've convinced myself now that something is wrong, even though nothing has changed!!!! I know it's ridiculous!

Good Luck with getting an earlier one than that!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"