• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

First midwife appointment

Mummy to be x

The 4 of us...♡
Reaction score
I have my very first appointment for the 27th! :happydance:

My mind has gone completely blank though, what do they do at the first appointment?

:flower:

Usually they do it at your house, or at least they do around here. It's filling out the booking form in your notes, so lots of questions about your health and husband's health, any previous pregnancies and births, then usually taking bloods, urine, blood pressure. They'll also probably talk to you about where you want to give birth and then give you your notes. I think sometimes they might set your scan date for you then, but I just got a letter in the post afterwards.

Thank you! Mine is at the clinic but everything you've just said there has brought back the memories!

Bloods
Blood pressure
Family history
Details of yourself your family and other children
Height weight and urine
Discussed screening options with me
Worked out average due date
Took numbers of next of kin etc
Asked where you want to have the baby

Think that was roughly it :) xx

I have my first midwife appt next Wednesday (I'll be 10w3d) and for some stupid reason thought I would get an u/s.. I guess not.. that means I still have to be worried for another 2.5 weeks to find out if my baby's doing ok.... this is pure torture :(

I have my first midwife appt next Wednesday (I'll be 10w3d) and for some stupid reason thought I would get an u/s.. I guess not.. that means I still have to be worried for another 2.5 weeks to find out if my baby's doing ok.... this is pure torture :(

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"