First miscarriage - question and brief rant...

Tashamarie

Reaction score
First of al I want to put m thoughts to all others goog through this right now, and those who have been through it before.

I just have a question on if I should be worried.

I started spotting early on in the pregnancy and my heart told me something "wasn't right". The dr never seemed concerned, and when the first scan showed the growth off by 2 weeks, they still brushed it off. This was 2 weeks ago. I was supposed to be 8w2d and was measuring 6w3d.

Wednesday I started having back cramps.
Thursday my spotting turned to bright red with small clots.

Went to the hospital. They seemed unconcerned but I insisted and they did the blood work for levels. The dr seemed bored with me like he was rushing me out as one of those "paranoid" people. Turns out I was right. Hcg was at 2560 when it should have been a minimum of 12000.

After that the (very insensitive) dr had the gall to ask me if id be willing to "fish the dead baby from the toilet with a ziplock bag whenever it comes, and if not do I have a husband or friend who would" (cue my wtf moment) - but aside from the rant he sent me home with an US booked Friday to confirm what I already knew.

After the ultrasound I was sen to emerg for results - while bleeding, scared and cramping. Was left in the waiting room in this condition for 6+ hrs because the nurses said it was "irrelevant that I was bleeding. I was an outpatient there for results and would be triaged as such" (another wtf look)

Ended up finally seeing a dr 9hrs after arriving at hospital to confirm he miscarriage I was now fully into - passing the baby while the ob was talking about options (less than 10min after seeing the dr, who told the OB I had had 3 abortions and a miscarriage in the past, which I have not, he didn't even ASK me about my past medical history prior to calling the OB - was just annoyed and wanted to pass me off)

My experience to say the least has been very emotional and I've been left to feel more like a burden to the doctors who are supposed to be there for me.

Anyways - i passed the baby Friday night - confirmed by the OB and he also said that most if not all of the placenta passed at the same time (was a very large clot). He said I was 7w3d when I lost the baby. I had heavy bleeding after, passing one more VERy large clot (felt same size as the initial) then bled heavy that night.

That's where it ends. After waking up yesterday (Saturday) morning, I passed pooled blood, then nothing more than the odd light cramp and more like light period, just a tad heavier than spotting since. I filled less than a pad a day, and then this morning (Sunday) I woke up and there wasn't even pooled blood. Since passi g that last massive clot, it's been like this - just light and at times I wipe and its nothing more than light pink spotting.

Is it normal for it to suddenly be THiS light, this soon? 36hrs after passing the baby I'm barely a light period. It has me worried.

It might go light,then heavier again tomorrow.Mine went light and I felt the same,now it is light during the the day and heavy on a night.seems to be different for all of us.I continued to get small clots too :(
I am so sorry for the insensitivity you recieved,it's just not good enough (((((HUGS)))).
((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGE HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))).

I just passed what I assume was my baby and the placenta about 3.5 hours ago. Now I'm not bleeding at all. When I wipe it's a tad pink. I too am wondering if this is all that will happen and what to expect going forward. I have no idea if it was everything or not. I'm about 6+5 today, or at least I was.

i am shocked by how you were treated! so so sorry for your loss. your hospital is insane.

I'm so sorry for your loss, you should never have been treated that way and I'm sorry you were.

I too stopped bleeding completely as soon as I had passed the placenta. I had a significant amount of bleeding before though and had tests etc and was told everything was fine. I was 8 weeks pregnant.

xxx

I'm so sorry for your loss, and appalled at how you were treated!! I think its awful how healthcare professionals can treat women who have had/are having a miscarriage, they do seem to treat you like its nothing!!

From my experience with bleeding, I bled on and off for 5 weeks, it would go really light and even stop, fooling me into thinking it was over! Only to come on again heavier next day. It turned out I had some tissue stuck behind my cervix that wasnt budging which gave me and infection. If the bleeding has stopped and doesnt come back then I would say all would be ok, but if you are worried I would speak to your doctor (and dont let them brush you off hun).

That's shocking! I've always had bad experiences with losses, the first one I was in A&E and they pretty much said "You're less than 12 weeks, nothing we can or will do, go home and wait it out" no scan or anything. After that I lost faith in the NHS really :/ Put a complaint in, nothing may come of it, but their attitude needs to be addressed big time.

I'm really sorry for your loss :( xx

sorry to go off the topic, but baileybubs i am so so so happy to see you with your amazing rainbow! she's so beautiful! it makes my heart jump :) i want my rainbow too! :)

Thanks Skyesmom, I hope my story can give others hope, a year ago I thought I'd never be a mum and was devastated after my mmc but I managed to get my rainbow.
I am so sorry for everyone's losses, it's such a taboo subject that people don't give enough time to as it is such a heartbreaking thing for someone to experience.
Big hugs to you all and good luck for the future, you will all get your rainbows and it will be so amazing and special when you do :hugs: :hugs:

I am so sorry for your loss and foe what you had to go through! You should submit a complaint to the hospital.

Tashamarie,

((((BIG HUGS)))) I'm so sorry for your loss and the way you were treated. That was extremely unprofessional and uncalled for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->