first month off pill - experiences?

callmedan

Reaction score
im having a month break from my pill, im currently on cd19 and still no signs of ovulation! opks are stark white and my temp is just up and down random
how did any of you cope when you stopped the pill/had a break?
ive done it before and had a positive opk but only once...

Everyone is going to have different experiences when it comes to how their body adjusts and readjusts to hormones. It can be so varied!

I did just finish my first cycle off the pill, and I'm pretty sure I ovulated based on how my body felt (from the right side). Wrapping up my first real period right now. My body tends to revert to normal right away apparently, since I got pregnant with DD on the second cycle off the pill last time I stopped.

It could just take a cycle or two for your body to get back to it's pre-pill state. :flower:

I took a month break from the pill and my cycle was 30 days. I then took BC for a month and stopped again. My cycle after that was 42 days and after that I've been back to 28-30 day cycles and I think I'm ovulating but just late in my cycle. I've only been tracking CM though so I'm gonna start temping to know for sure but it's possible my body is still evening out. It's possible that you're having a longer cycle and haven't ovulated or you might not at all this month. Everyone varies on how long it takes to readjust after taking the pill..some right away and some many months.

grrrrr its just doing my head in not knowing if its going to happen! last time i ovulated on cd19 of a 32 day cycle but im on cd21 and still defo no ov
i wanted to go back on the pill and ttc the first month off while im on honeymoon but now im thinking im not even going to ovulate that month if its like this month! i might need to stop taking it for months before the wedding to sort my cycle out but i certainly dont want af during my wedding/honeymoon

Everyone is going to have different experiences when it comes to how their body adjusts and readjusts to hormones. It can be so varied!

I did just finish my first cycle off the pill, and I'm pretty sure I ovulated based on how my body felt (from the right side). Wrapping up my first real period right now. My body tends to revert to normal right away apparently, since I got pregnant with DD on the second cycle off the pill last time I stopped.

It could just take a cycle or two for your body to get back to it's pre-pill state. :flower:

I'm so glad to hear someone have a positive experience after 9yrs on the pill I'm hoping to ttc straight away but I keep reading so many bad experiences where it trekked people months to ovulate

I'm stilk waitig for first AF :p
I wouldn't day the wait is easy but really what can we do beside wait?

I'm stilk waitig for first AF :p
I wouldn't day the wait is easy but really what can we do beside wait?

have you been tracking ovulation?
hope you get af soon, cd55 that is rough!

I have been, FF gave me crosshairs but I think it's wrong because of negative opks and no clear temp shift

The uncertainty is difficult, callmedan and Danna, I feel for you! I took my last pill in April, had my usual withdrawal bleed, and waited about 40 days for my next AF which was very long and irritating. I wasn't tracking ovulation, and I'm still not sure I'm ovulating regularly. I've never been able to tell when I'm ovulating and I'm always admiring of women who "just know". Since my first month off BCP, my periods are still irregular, however slowly but surely my cycles are becoming more predictable. Hope you get your clear OPK soon - it could still happen, since your first cycle off can be unusually long!

I don't have a clue about these opk things and lines, confuses the crap out of me lol, I tried temping before DS2 but DS1 got hold of and hid my thermometer so that ended that :haha: we fell first time with him after the coil was out too, within days actually.

My experience? Pregnancy within a month.

Did you ttc straight away? What were you on and for how long? Fingers crossed I'm like you

I had been on marvelon for 5+ years came off it and fell straight away (weren't trying but didn't do anything to stop it happening either), second time I had the copper coil removed and fell pregnant 4 days later due to a split condom (we were going to TTC the next month was just waiting for a Christmas due date to pass, I ended up being due on Christmas Eve lol) it was very much the same for my mum and aunt, fell pregnant straight off the pill with all their kids.

Wow that's cool, fingers crossed for a similar experience for me next month

This is my first cycle off bcp last pill was 25th sept and had my withdrawel bleed from 27th for about just over a week was very light spotting/light bleeding I've had a ton of ovulation signs around cd 13 and for about 10 days after I acc thought I ovulated becuase of the symptons then I had really light pinkish spotting last thurs and sat thinking I must have caught quick and that this could be implantation and last night I started light bleeding for about a half hour it stopped all night I had no bleeding again untill about 10am this morning so I've just put a tampon In I'm only cycle day 24 !! Is that not to short I'm so confused I had the cramps headaches backache nausea spotting peeing more eating more I guess I'll wait and see xxx

thats so strange to have such off bleeding! if this is you (very early!) af then hopefully your cycle will be a bit more normal next month!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->