**First Month TTC, ? IB 5dpo...? Is it possible? **

Hey!

I think it's a little early to get IB at 5 DPO. I've had IB at 4 weeks pregnant and it was brown cause it was old, so the fact that yours was brown makes me think it wasn't IB.

Fx this is your cycle though! It'd be awesome to get pregnant on the first try and be done with all ttc stress pretty fast!

ib is implantation bleeding which happens when the embryo is implanting to ur uterus. Embryo implants 5-12 dpo so we are safe to say that 5 dpo spotting can be ib.

Also spotting can happen up to 20 weeks of pregnancy but cant be called ib. If you had spotting at 4 weeks then u probably ovulated late or it wasnt ib.

Actually implantation happens from 6-9 DPO (the most common) 5 DPO is very uncommon, but if it was actual IB then she'd get a BFP about 2 days later.

No, mine was IB, I know when I ovulated and when I conceived cause I was charting, and my doctor even confirmed it was IB :thumbup:

Agreed, ib can be as early as 5dpo but she has the same theory as I. Brown is old whereas pink and red are fresh. If she has brown blood at 5dpo she would have had to implant at 3-4dpo making it more likely ovulation spotting that just took a few days to make its way out. Also, a test should register positive 2-4 days after implant (mine always do <2d) so if it had been ib then her 8dpo test should have been positive or at least a squinter. But just because it may not have been ib doesn't have any bearing on whether or not she conceived. :)

Well hoping the soft stool is a pregnancy thing not af coming. When are you testing again?

Agreed, ib can be as early as 5dpo but she has the same theory as I. Brown is old whereas pink and red are fresh. If she has brown blood at 5dpo she would have had to implant at 3-4dpo making it more likely ovulation spotting that just took a few days to make its way out. Also, a test should register positive 2-4 days after implant (mine always do <2d) so if it had been ib then her 8dpo test should have been positive or at least a squinter. But just because it may not have been ib doesn't have any bearing on whether or not she conceived. :)

Well hoping the soft stool is a pregnancy thing not af coming. When are you testing again?

So happy to see you back on here Dobbes! &#10084;&#65039; Hope you've been doing good hun!

I read online that ib can be brown, but i agree with you if she had ib then she should have bfp by now.

I havent tested and gonna test the day of af is due, dec 1st

It can be. Ib can take a day or two sometimes to come out so it can be brown in those situations.

Oh man! That seems so far from now! GL!

Campn, hey! It's nice to not be a total mess lol. Just a hot mess ;)

Hi girls,

Sorry for the late reply, I really have no idea what the bleeding was, all I know is that I've never bled or had cramps between cycles before, it's all very confusing.. I think I'm probably out as I can't imagine the chances of it happening first time round and IB happening so early on... I'm now 11dpo, the only recent symptoms I can report it that I've been absolutely exhausted everyday lately, falling asleep when I get home from work and going to bed at 8.30/9pm every night which is unlike me (not to mention emotional, I just want to cry about everything - which could totally be PMS).. Hubby's wondering what's going on lol. My temp has been up slightly (37.3 on Thurs but has dropped today to 36.7?) tested 10dpo and BFN.. AF due approx 1st Dec.

I have absolutely no idea... I guess the biggest challenge is finding out more about your own body and cycle :) only time will tell.. Just anticipating AF coming now as I think I've accepted it's highly unlikely! Would expect to have sore boobs etc now looking at majority of reported symptoms..

Thank you for all of your advice :) let me know how you get on Golden since we're due a visit from AF the same day! Anything new to report? Will keep you posted and Good luck to you all :) sending lots of baby dust xxxx

Hello MrsT_x

I have just been reading your posts! I'm on my ttw too! trying for our first baby.
I'm new to this site and haven't used any others before. Been trying for 4 months. It's possible to fall quickly! So good luck!

All this can send you a bit mad after a while analysing every symptom, you're right our bodies are quite amazing when we actually take notice! I have never thought about it until now!

I have had symptoms similar to yours (no spotting though) for the past 4 months and I was convinced I was pregnant but guess I'm getting use to all this and had to put it down to my body adjusting. I came off the pill in July. Relatively back to regular cycle now.

You sound like you're all clued up with all this and it's only your first month, keep at it and I'm sure you'll get there! I look forward to seeing your BFP!! xx

10dpo is early and my last bfp chart my temp actually dropped quite a bit the day I got my bfp. I barely had symptoms. I was so convinced it wasn't my cycle. So you aren't out until the witch shows, and even then just remember that every time she does you are just one cycle closer to your bfp.

Mrs. I agree with Dobby, it's still early hun so don't feel out. Being emotional is a good sign, I was so sure I'm getting AF when I was pregnant with DS, I didn't even get a BFP until 13 DPO!

Hello MrsT_x

I have just been reading your posts! I'm on my ttw too! trying for our first baby.
I'm new to this site and haven't used any others before. Been trying for 4 months. It's possible to fall quickly! So good luck!

All this can send you a bit mad after a while analysing every symptom, you're right our bodies are quite amazing when we actually take notice! I have never thought about it until now!

I have had symptoms similar to yours (no spotting though) for the past 4 months and I was convinced I was pregnant but guess I'm getting use to all this and had to put it down to my body adjusting. I came off the pill in July. Relatively back to regular cycle now.

You sound like you're all clued up with all this and it's only your first month, keep at it and I'm sure you'll get there! I look forward to seeing your BFP!! xx

Aw good luck Tootsiwoot :) it's quite an experience isn't it.. I never appreciated how complicated it can be.. Also never realised how much I wanted a baby until now.. Will be absolutely over the moon if it happens one day &#10084;&#65039; I came off BC pill last October time so my cycles are fairly regular now too. Just going to try and let go and see what happens :) pretty sure AF is on her way, tested today (12dpo) :bfn: again and having cramps. I've been watching the forums for a while before we started officially trying so I've caught onto a lot of the lingo and done a lot of reading up on it to try and give us as good a chance as possible, I imagine it's mostly out of our hands though and down to mother nature :)

Sending lots of luck your way for a BFP, how's the TWW treating you? xx

Mrs. I agree with Dobby, it's still early hun so don't feel out. Being emotional is a good sign, I was so sure I'm getting AF when I was pregnant with DS, I didn't even get a BFP until 13 DPO!

It's crazy how different peoples experiences are within the first weeks isn't it.. Some have all the symptoms under the sun and some have none.. Thank you to you and Dobby for your advice and support for the start of my journey :) it's all a little overwhelming initially, it seems so 'easy' for a lot of people. Next month is a new opportunity :) hopefully this first month has made me a little wiser to the process, will keep you updated! x

Hello Mrs_Tx
oh no! That's not what we want to hear, we sure get our hopes up don't we. You're right, Mother Nature will intervene when it's your time! I will keep an eye out over the next few days for your BFP! my fingers and toes are crossed for you!!

Wow you have definitely been well prepared researching all this crazy world of TTC! Good for you, it's good to know what you're up against but sounds like you just want your very own baby in your arms now! How exciting!

This month has been my first at temping and using OPK's. I was quite impressed with the little cheapy sticks I bought on Amazon! Think I ovulated later than I thought (and Fertility Friend) but next month I'll hopefully be more aware and be prepared.

I'm now 5dpo and AF due 6th Dec. I don't have any symptoms :( no sore boobs or anything but occasionally get lower back pain, but don't think that is a symptom! Feel tired towards the end of the day but I'm always tired tee hee!

I'm a little worried that I might not conceive as I'm the grand old age of 40! I met my DH when I was 36 and married at 38. I'm trying to chill about it all but fully aware that time is ticking for us. We will have to wait and see! But I don't want to be a really old mum so we've decided to give it a year and go from there.

Sending you lots of positive baby thoughts your way! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"