First MW Today, Good & Bad.

MummyToAmberx

Mum to 3 Girls 1 Boy
Reaction score
I had my MW appt at half 3, was in an hour. It was alreet session but im bit disappointed about my weight issue, im just hoping this doesnt put me down through my pregnancy now.

According to MW my bmi is 35, which means i have put on far bit weight since getting pregnant, even though ive lost weight. Like say weird thing is it is only on my stomach my jeans etc still fit, i still have same amount of room around the waist my tops fit its just over my stomach. (Im really annoyed because i havent been eating near as much but i havent had energy to do much )

Therefore im being booked into consultant-led care, they are going to decide on whether to keep me in there care or i go back to my MW. I will see them after my 12week scan. Which is been booked and is 4 weeks today, 27th may. So 1 good thing anyways.

Anyone else been referred to a consultant?

On brighter note, all paperwork is done, wee sample fine, blood pressure fine. :)

I'm with a cosultant due to back problems..i dont really get what happens with a consultant..do we still have a midwife too? :S

xx

I'm with a cosultant due to back problems..i dont really get what happens with a consultant..do we still have a midwife too? :S

xx

i got this emma diary book lol
it says : this means you will have your appointments at a hospital clinic and see a midwife and a consultant.

mummyto amber - im in exactly the same situation as u!! with th same BMI snap!!! my midwife didnt say anything just that im being referred and wait for my letter, she says the consultant only normally see u once then discharge u! i wudnt worry about it hun xx

i have to see a consultant in June. I have M.E, arthritis and B.J.H.S so i get induced for labour... so I see the consultant in June to talk about that

:hugs:

mummyto amber - im in exactly the same situation as u!! with th same BMI snap!!! my midwife didnt say anything just that im being referred and wait for my letter, she says the consultant only normally see u once then discharge u! i wudnt worry about it hun xx

Nice to hear someone else in same shoes :) Oh i asked if id get a letter, she said no, its straight after my scan.
Im trying not to, im thinking in long run, how heavy am i going to be by time i hit 36weeks, am i going to be able to delivery naturally again. I'll probably be all chilled once ive spoke to the consultant like. :)xx

i had my first appointment with the MW today as well and also got refered to the consultant, mine was because of my mothers lupus, my past medical history and my depression medication!

i was panicing too, my bmi was 33! i am shocked! since getting depression my weight was just piled on and just wont budge, the MW said not to worry about my weight and just try to be healthy. but i also keep thinking of what i will look/weight by the end of my pregnancy :S

Nice to hear someone else in same shoes :) Oh i asked if id get a letter, she said no, its straight after my scan.
Im trying not to, im thinking in long run, how heavy am i going to be by time i hit 36weeks, am i going to be able to delivery naturally again. I'll probably be all chilled once ive spoke to the consultant like. :)xx

se i didnt even get told that, i was told they will write to me with an appointment she didnt mention anything about it being after the scan and i was sat there with her when she made my scan booking and nothing was mentioned then. maybe different where u live. u will have to keep me posted with what the consultant says! there was a girl in my city who had triplets and she weighed 40 stone!!! so compared to that we have nothing to worry about!!! if u every wanna chat u can PM me, its nice to know someone is in the same boat as you! :) xxxx

I'm under a consultant due to my hypothyroidism and weight. My MW was lovely she said they don't really care about my weight they just want my pregnancy to be healthy like any other womans and that I really shouldn't worry about it :)

I have to see a consultant cos of my BMI.
The midwife didn't say anything reassuring about my weight but neither was she horrible about it either.

My blood pressure was quite high that day too but I suspect it was because I was so worked up about going and knew my weight was going to be an issue especially as I would like a home birth.

my BMI was a horrible 44, I'm on consultant care for brittle asthma already, meeting him today, just hope he isn't a dragon giving me hell about my weight. the MW was cool about it though and understood I had gained loads of weight because of the high dose of steroids I am on.

Hi my BMI is 31. I've been under both Consultant and Midwife for all 4 of my pregnancies and actually prefer it that way. I feel being under the Consultant aswell gives me more reassurance from the medical side of things. This pregnancy is the only one that's been high risk though so don't know if the care is gonna be different. x

I meet my consultant today and she was lovely assured me the only difference with my BMI is that I will need a GTT she was far more worried about my asthma.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->