• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

First (NHS) Scan

Bec L

Proud mum to 2 girls/1boy
Reaction score
Just got back from the NHS dating scan and am feeling a bit deflated. Good news is, all fine with the baby which is brilliant, but I am definitely a week behind what I first thought so am 9.5 weeks.

We were at the hospital for nearly 4 hours - scans were over and hour behind schedule, then had to wait forever to see the doctor. Poor Poppy was so good but me and Oh started to run out of ways to entertain her and gave up in the end and he got her to sleep in the car!

Then found out i have to go back on Clexane for this pregnancy because they had not been bothered to check with the haematologist in advance if I needed it. So rather wait for an appt with her to come through, I have to start the daily injections 'just in case...'

Then I asked about my risk of antother prem birth and all they said was come for a cervical scan at 16 weeks. We'll know then if you need to worry, but in the meantime you've enough to worry about! Marvellous.

Nothing like the NHS to take the wind out of your sails 'eh.

Aww hun i'm sorry, they sure know how to ruin a good day don't they!!!!! I don't think they've ever been ontime for ANYTHING. They're pretty useless

I am having a home birth because i had such a bad experience with Alfie in hospital there is no way they're getting me in the hospital for this one.

I hope everything is ok, i'm sure it will be. And great that everything was good with bubs :thumbup:

awww hun, I am sorry it wasn't as magical an experience at it should be :( xx

Happy you got good news about the baby!! Stinky Dr's...they are useless sometimes.

Sorry it didn't go to plan, they can be pretty understaffed in maternity especially at this time of year and getting across the service they'd like to provide isn't always easy. I hope everything goes well from now on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"