• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

First OB Appointment

Jamers89

Momma Bear, Expecting baby #2
Reaction score
I had my first OB appointment today, and it went well. They did an abdominal ultrasound, but couldn't really see anything. I'm only 5 weeks, so they assured me that's normal. I'm just worrying because I don't have a whole lot of symptoms.

Ugh, I hate feeling so paranoid. I just wish July would get here!

First, congratulations!!! I’m surprised they didn’t do a transvaginal ultrasound since you’re so early. However, it’s normal not to see much at this stage. I didn’t have my first viability scan until I was almost 7 weeks because my OB wanted to be certain to get a good visual and I was able to see and hear the heartbeat. I’ve had two losses and I know the waiting game all to well. Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!!!

I'm an early miscarriage risk, so they saw me early. The clinic I go to doesn't have the equipment to do transvaginal ultrasounds, so I will have to wait patiently until the 19th of June when I have my next appointment.

I know it’s tough when you’ve had miscarriages .. I’ve had 4�� you’ll be in my thoughts

I also had very minimal symptoms with this pregnancy compared to my daughter. I had bleeding at 5 weeks and all we could see was a sac and what they thought was a SCH. I had a follow up scan 2 weeks later and we discovered twins! My biggest sign of pregnancy was just the tiredness. I wasn’t sick like I was with my daughter. Prayers everything goes along smoothly for you

First of all congrats! I also got seen at 5 weeks and 2 days due to spotting and there was nothing but a sac. I had very little symptoms. My second scan at 7 weeks 4 days, showed baby, hb and everything was fine. Funny enough, that is when I started feeling the most symptoms, but still nothing crazy. 9 weeks and I do get nausea but never throw up, my breast tenderness is on and off, some days I feel like hell and others just fine. The only consistent thing is that I am always tired. I never make any plans past 8pm, because I have become the flakiest friend ever! Try and relax , trust me I know it is hard, you'll see the baby next time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"