First official post, hello b n b!

Mrs P5515

Reaction score
Hello all :hi:,

Just wanting to say hello and introduce myself. We are currently WTTC for baby number 1 and thinking we will be TTC Dec 15-Jan16 as we have a few things we'd like to do before starting to TTC. That tick list that says yes it's now the 'perfect' time. Although, in all honesty, when the broodynesss kicks in, the things I'd like to do to that tick list!!

I am recently married in May this year :wedding: which was utterly wonderful after being with my fantastic man for 8 years . I don't know about you but I've found that everyone was so excited for the wedding - we had a 2 year engagement to ensure the wedding tick list said it was 'perfect' timing too (a definite theme here :dohh:) but as soon as the wedding was over I mean almost overnight everyone was sooo when are you having children?

I've had some medical issues over the past few years which I've kept very private and have been told this this could affect our journey to have children but after some exploratory test and a good prod and poke I have been given the all clear :happydance: and we can now begin at our own pace without the medical worries. I'll still be classed as a high risk pregnancy if and when we are lucky enough to get our BFP but a few extra scans and appointments will be nothing compared to what we're gaining.

So that's me in a nutshell, lucking forward to getting to know you guys on here and sharing our journey's together. I can already tell that this could become quite addictive :)

hi & welcome!
i also got married in May, after 6 and a half years with OH :) we are starting TTC this month! i get what you mean about people asking about babies, our families dont really ask as we are both quite young (24) but friends and work colleagues have no shame! such an awkward question :haha:
are you doing anything to prepare for TTC? hope your wait is as short as possible! x

Hi Callmedan,

Thanks for the reply and congratulations on your wedding!
Your right it can be really awkward especially when it's people you don't consider yourself to be close to. I wonder what it is about babies that makes everyone feel so free to be asking such a complex and life altering decision that's deeply personal to each couple? I'm sure if I was to sit down with them get my book and lists (yes I have to admit I've got lists of pro's and con's with timing) they may be taken aback and be far more than they ever wanted to know hehe :shock:

I'm trying my best to prepare as much as anyone can, I've been this weekend and joined a gym and am looking into getting a personal trainer. I have been debating slimming world alongside this but I'm thinking possible baby steps for a diet and gym novice. I put on some weight whilst being ill and very inactive and although it's not a huge amount I just want to make sure I'm doing all I can to be as healthy as possible for pregnancy. I'm also a thorough planner by nature so my reading is in obsessive mode at the moment (best way to combat the broodiness I'm finding.... for now) I've just finished reading the impatient woman's guide to getting pregnant and have just started get ready to get pregnant. What about yourself any prep before TTC?

:hi: and welcome! Congrats on your marriage and sorry to read that you had health issues! I am glad that you are better now!

My husband and I will be together 24 years on January 16th and married 19 of them. We had an almost 2 year engagement as we got engaged March 9th, 1995. We had just a very simple wedding as we didn't have much money as we had a 33 month old and an almost 6 month old and both had health issues. Trent, my oldest, had asthma and at times needed to have hospital stays and Ty was born with things wrong with his heart that went undiagnosed for 3.5 weeks and he ended up with a lot of brain damage. At the time of our wedding he had a nurse come every day because of his heart. He just turned 19 on the 28th and he is doing very well. The only problems is his brain won't let him know what is right or wrong and doesn't send the signals for growth or puberty. But he can talk and walk, which a neurologist was expecting to see a child confined to a wheel chair and needing a feeding tube because of all the brain damage.

Any way we have 9 year old twin boys and an almost 6 year old boy and we have been trying for baby #6 off and on since October 2010. I just had my third miscarriage since trying last week, 5th since 1992. I have an appointment in a month to hopefully keep me from losing any more.

:Good luck!

Hi Mom2pne,

Thank you for you reply. Gosh that was a huge amount to be dealing with on top of a wedding too. I am so pleased that your sons have come through things stronger than expected. I am so sorry to hear about your miscarriages and hope you doctor appointment goes well and you will be holding your baby number 6 soon xx

Welcome and congrats on your recent wedding! I am on the same timeline as you it seems, so we will likely start TTC at around the same time :)

Hi Teevee,

Thanks for the hello, that is very exciting news indeed!!! Have you got any goals to achieve before TTC?

Hello Mrs P. We're starting TTC some time between October and Christmas so around the same time as you. Hopefully we will all get our January BFPs xx

Hi Lulabelle,

Will keeping my fingers crossed, such an exciting and equally frustrating time. Roll on next year and a BFP's xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->