First OPK day today

Poshie

Mummy to Boy & Girl
Reaction score
Well I thought I'd give the clearblue digi opk a go today, just to see if I am ovulating and hopefully when. Not planning to start ttc until Dec but I just wanted to have a go as part of establishing my natural cycle and all that. I am planning on doing it at lunchtime from home. I've only had the one 'normal' cycle since coming off the pill which was a 28 dayer. The instructions say to start CD 11 and I have 7 sticks so that will take me through to CD 18. Anybody else planning on trying this at some point, or maybe you already have?

I wonder what will happen! :)

I've never done an OPK before...

Good luck today! Let us know how it works for you :)

Thanks Tasha. Well today's opk was a negative result, as I expected. I am thinking I might ovulate sometime between Friday and Sunday. We shall see eh! ;)

Oooh how exciting to find out when exactly you ovulate... I honestly have no clue about when I OV... I just came on my period so I reckon about two weeks ago? Heh

Good luck for the weekend :)

2nd day, 2nd test and it's a POSITIVE! So looks like I will be ov'ing in the next 24-36 hours. The strange thing is, this is what I had expected, as it's the same time of the month as I thought I had ov pains last month (only I wasn't opk'ing then). Today is my CD 12 so I ovulate either CD 13 or 14 it would seem. It's just kind of nice to know that I am ov'ing after 16 years on the pill.

Sorry I missed this one. That's awesome. Hopefully your tracking will go well and you will get your :bfp: first shot in December. :dust:

No probs and thanks for posting LeeArr :)

Woo, I'm going to start doing these soon i think. Me and OH just moved our ttc date :) xx

So when is your new ttc date? I am not ttc yet, but I just wanted to try the opk to see if there was any sign of ovulating. All in aid of my 'getting some sort of natural cycle back' after taking bcp for a long time. As I hadn't ov'd naturally for 16 years (whilst on the bcp) I thought an opk would be a good indicator as to whether I'm actually able to still do it!

Good luck to you ttc'ing :)

That is brilliant news ! I have just come off BCP on 9th oct mid pack and got a withdrawl. Have been doing OPK's the last couple of days and no sign of Ov I am at the moment TTC, so at the moment it is a waiting on :witch: or OPK to be + !! I was reading all these horror stories from people saying I wont ov for about a year as I was in BCP for 11 years ! So your story has given me hope !! :hug: Fingers crossed I ov soon !

That was a lovely post there, thanks! I'm pleased to be able to give you hope and encouragment. I was on bcp for 16 years, came off the pill 2 Sept, had withdrawal bleed, then had my first "natural" af in Oct, bang on 28 days. Now awaiting my second af which should arrive early Nov. Started using opk CD 11 (as per instructions) got a negative then tried again on CD 12and got a smiley positive :)

I think everyone is different and has different experiences. I'm quietly optimistic but certainly not getting carried away yet.

Best of luck to you and ttc. Let us know how you get on with opk and cycle etc.

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"