First OPK EVER!!

Tishimouse

Fairy Godmother - really!
Reaction score
I know, I know, you'll probably think me crazy chic, but I'm home alone and thought I would play with my new purchase from babymad.com. Yes, you've guessed it an all singing all dancing OPU/HPK selection.

I'm on CD9 (just as it's past midnight) and can see the control line and a tiny feint ovulation line. Methinks ovulation is on the way. Woopie!

I'm pleased because it will be good to know that the plumbing is in order at 45. :blush:

Now, I'm going to try attaching a photo to see how it comes out. That way I'll be all ready to share a positive one if and when it happens. Oh, my fingers are crossed I can tell you. I bought the kit by the way from babymad.com as recommended in another thread by someone. It came within 2 days in an unmarked package. My husband didn't half laugh when he saw what I'd ordered. He made some wise crack about expecting me to meet him at the front door soon, grabbing him as he put his key in the door and saying to him "right, now upstairs, come on!" LOL

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/chris-c/P1000005.jpg

Pleased with the photo, it turned out well.

By the way, I'm not always a night owl, I've been working nights this week, hence the post at 1am.

Oh Good Luck Hun....You will probably Ovulate in a few days. Would Test 2 time a day. One in the AM and One in the PM

Good Luck
:dust:

Thanks for the advice, I was wondering how many tests were advisable.

I've just conducted another one today to compare with yesterday AND ... the test line is definitely getting darker. Take a look:

Test dated 3 Dec 2007
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/chris-c/P1000005.jpg

Test dated 4 Dec 2007
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/chris-c/P1000010.jpg

I know it's really early days, but I'm so relieved and excited to be ovulating and here is the perfect place to share this experience. Hope you all don't think I'm crazy. :blush:

Of course you're not crazy! If you are, then the rest of us are too! :rofl:

Glad to hear it's all working out good. I agree with PP that in the next couple of days you should be o'ing! :dust::dust:

oh wow thats fantastic news! Its so clear and def gotten darker. good luck hun. Im considering OPK's next month if the witch shows up this month xxx

That defintely looks darker, good luck in the next 2 days, hope you get plenty of BDing done :rofl:

I'm gonna try OPK's after AF shows up this month, which it will !!

Thanks for the post as I wasn't to sure where to get them from, they look like they work for you which is a good recommendation for me.

Hope you get the 'green light' soon!

Getting grabbing hubbie!

Let me know how you go. Ive just posted a new thread about my results. They seem to get darker over a dew days then the darkest one looks about as dark as the last one that you have pictured; ( never quite as dark as the control stripe) then it goes blank again next day.
Starting to get worred now that I'm not ovulating at all as it has happeded for 3 cycles and wondering if i should make a trip to the docs! Everone seems so nice here. Its good to havce somewhere to go for advice!

Let me know how you go. Ive just posted a new thread about my results. They seem to get darker over a dew days then the darkest one looks about as dark as the last one that you have pictured; ( never quite as dark as the control stripe) then it goes blank again next day.
Starting to get worred now that I'm not ovulating at all as it has happeded for 3 cycles and wondering if i should make a trip to the docs! Everone seems so nice here. Its good to havce somewhere to go for advice!

Well, Claire, I'm new to all this too, but have tested today CD10 and found the test line has disappeared altogether. Mmmph! I'm not going to feel discouraged though because I had a look at the link posted by Akcher in your 'new thread' about your results and Akcher's link is very useful. There are pictures of someone else's experience using similar strips and her test line disappeared and came back around CD20/21. I'm going to keep testing and see what happens as this is my first month's trial.

I have just added this to my thread and think i may start a new one on it becaure i spent i don't know how long researching 'lighter lines' and couldn't find the answer!
Yesterday I emailed the suppliers of my ovulatuion test and they have emailed me this reply today.

Hi Claire

In around 5% of ladies the urinary LH never reaches 25miu needed to give a positive result. This is quite normal for these ladies and they are usually ovulating. It does however make using Urinary LH tests quite difficult.
We usually recommend a trial of 3 cycles, which you have done, and then to try differnet brand to see if you can find one that gives clear positive results, possibly a digital one.

Thank you for contacting Access Diagnostics

Hope this helps you with your results too.

Claire

Hi Claire,

This is fantastic. Thank you so much for your post (shown previously). I really appreciate it as it is all so new and I think it may be confusing over the next while.

You are a little star. :flower:

I'm going to use this entry to log the results of my first month's OPK's. That way I will have something to compare them with next month.

Here goes:

CD09 C + T (light line)(AM) C + T (light line)(PM)
CD10 C + T (slightly darker line)(AM) C + T (slightly darker line)(PM)
CD11 C (only)(AM) C (only)(PM)
CD12 C (only)(AM)
CD13
CD14
CD15
CD16

C = control line
T = test line

Cool, its a good idea tho have something to compare it to. Ive jsut been on the BBT link at the bottom of Akcher's post on my tread 'ovulaton advice needed'. It's so cool, you get a 14 day trial but i think im going to sign up as it seems well worth it and a goog way to track your fertility! Have a look.

Hi Claire,

Yes, I had a good look at the charts and really like them. I'm hesitant to get too hung up of measuring too many things all at once as I think ttc would take over my life. I'm worried I will obsess. I think they are fantastic though and easy to follows (although they look a bit complicated).

Maybe next month.

I'm charting my OPK kit results in the other thread now. Day 14 today and meant to ovulate tomorrow, but no sign of a test line on the OPK's today. I wonder where it's gone?

It often happens alot earlier. My best friend was trying for 4 months and nothing happened so her and her man decided to get married and start trying later after the wedding. 2 months later, on day 7 of her cycle; thinking everything would be ok; they did a bit of unprotected babydancing and to cut a long story short, she is now 4 months gone! Wedding has had to be put back but she is really happy.
I know wheat you mean about getting obsessed, i think i have and need to stop!!

Well, where do I start. I have found a really informative website https://www.sisterzeus.com/basics.htm and have read every word, hanging onto the edge of my seat.

I had no idea how clueless I was to this hidden part of my body. Of course, I have not needed to know before and now am desparate to know everything in a hurry.

Here's the thing:

I am meant to ovulate today, but no sign yet.
My OPK's showed a negative test line on days 9 + 10, but none really since.
By examining my body internally (as per website suggests), it looks like I haven't ovulated yet. (I have to say that doing this is awesome and amazingly reassuring). I am still a little excited about maybe getting a positive OPK result over the next few days.
I didn't realise it's possible to ovulate TWICE in one month!!!! :wacko:
Then there's the possibility that I won't ovulate AT ALL as my cycle may need time to get back to normal having stopped the pill last 31/10/07.

Mmmph!

It's not easy is it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"