First Pair of shoes

mommymakayla

Mommy of 2
Reaction score
My Lo is starting to cruise on the furniture
And was wondering when the best time would be to buy him his
first pair of shoes.
When did you buy them there first ones?
I dont want to spend a fortune but dont want cheap ones also.

Logan got his first pair of hard soled shoes when he started walking full time at 9 months.
When he was cruising/walking holding our hands we put him in soft soled shoes if we were going outside and just socks/barefoot inside :thumbup:

We only bought hard soled shoes when they were walking unaided full time (not cruising) for several weeks.
Before then there's no need for anything (bare feet, socks, soft soled "pram shoes" are fine)

We bought lo cruisers from Clark's (£23) when we were out and about but for inside just bare feet. But she liked to be walked about when we were out so did get the use of them.

We bought a pair of pediped soft sole shoes when he started wanting to walk (aided) outside. Barefoot indoors, even now.

Only when they could walk confidently on their own and wanted to walk outside. So when they try and take a break for it out the door! Both girls were from clarkes x

Thomas was cruising at about 10 months and trying to walk outside so we got him cruisers for when he wanted to be down on the ground. He didn't walk until 17 months so that's when he had his first pair of proper hard soled shoes.

I bought my son a pair before he was walking for if we were outside and I didn't want his feet getting all gross. He was pulling up on things to stand, so was still on his feet quite a bit outdoors. I bought soft soled, bendy shoes from Stride Rite. Aside from being outside to play, though, we didn't do shoes at any other time until he was walking full time, which he just started at 12 months.

My LO is 8m and I just bought her a pair of robeez. More to keep her feet warm in the soon to be frigid weather.

My LO is 8m and I just bought her a pair of robeez. More to keep her feet warm in the soon to be frigid weather.

Thats another reason i was thinking about buying him a pair of shoes. Need to keep his lil feet harm in the winter.

My sons started walking at 17 months so his first pair of shoes were at 18 months when he had been up on his feet for at least 4 weeks already.

Clarks £26 :flower:

Avoid hard soled shoes as long as possible. They arent good for foot development.

For warm/no slip we have mocc-ons and socks with grips. We've also bought soft waterproof warm snow boots from h&m for £5 for it it gets really cold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"