First pee of the morning...not necessarily more concentrated

Lara310809

Mum of 3 girls
Reaction score
I realised this a few months back, and it's been bugging me since. They say you should do a HPT on the first pee of the day, because that's when your urine is most concentrated. But if you already have a LO, like me, you may be up at various points in the night, so after feeding LO you may go to the loo, then go back to bed. My first pee upon getting up in the morning isn't necessarily the most concentrated, and a few times I've wondered if I even had enough pee to make the test accurate :wacko:

Is there a certain length of time you can wait during the day before taking a HPT to ensure a good result? I end up having to wait until AF is really late just because I can't guarantee my test is accurate :shrug:

Hmm. Well, I got my BFP in the early evening. I think that if you're pregnant, then there will been enough HCG regardless of the time of day. :hug:

they do say if your a night waker then majority of time your urine is actually more concentrate in the afternoon/evening.

i know this is the case for me, i pee loads at night, three bladder bursting pees last night which is not the norm for me. but i dont pee as much during the day so my urine is more concentrated at night, and ive always had a stronger positive at night than in the morning.
and i know there are a few ladies on here who are also like that. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"