First period - extremely heavy blood loss

Amanda

Mum of 3
Reaction score
I have been bleeding/spotting constantly since Ben was born. Every so often, I may go a day with nothing, then bleed again. It's been off and on like this the whole time, but I've not yet had my first period.

Then, last Thursday night, we had a condom split so I took the morning after pill Friday. The doctor said that it may induce a period, but didn't say that it would be any different. I checked with her that I would be okay to use my Mooncup on my period rather than the pads I was using, and she said yes.

Well, my blood loss changed yesterday lunchtime to bright red again, so I assumed period was here and inserted my Mooncup.

I used a Mooncup for about 6 periods prior to getting pg, and very rarely had to empty more than 5 ml. I had a bit yesterday, then when I got up in the night with Ben, I had leaked:blush:. I thought maybe it was inserted wrong and I had leaked down the side, but when I removed it, it was full to overflowing! That was at 2:30am. Then, up again at 6am and it was full again. So that's over 30ml overnight.

Is this normal, or should I see the doctor? I'm not in any pain, and have no cramps or anything.

I would definatley go and see the doctor babe.....I had awful periods and they were mega heavy after having Alfie, a Super compact would only last an hour.

But I think it is best to get it checked out either way, epsecially as you have the advantage of knowing what your blood loss is, and it will set your mind at rest.

Let us know how you get on.

Good Luck babe :hugs: x

I've just had a mega heavy one. I breast fed for 5.5 months so didn't have a proper one until now (LO's 7.5 months). I leaked through one of my 'maternity' pads after only wearing if for 2 hours! Totally unlike me. If you go to the doc let us know what he/she says!

when stopped breastfeeding ffion and had my first af i had full mooncups in roughly the same amount of time as you, i didnt go to the dr and it calmed down pretty quickly

hmmm would check with doc 2 be on the safe side hun

xx

thanks everyone.:hugs:

I had to take Ben to the docs on Wednesday as he was struggling to breathe with a poorly blocked nose (he's okay now), so I mentioned it to him then. He said it was totally normal.

It did get worse before it got better though. I was emptying my mooncup at least every hour and it was always full. It actually holds 30ml, so I was losing 30-50 ml every hour!! I had to go Tesco's on the Thursday and had to go to the loo 3 times during my shopping, and on one occasion, I had leaked and also soaked through a super plus pad!

But it stopped suddenly yesterday morning. Literally, stopped dead. And then spotting started today, which I'm hoping will stop soon as well.

Can't wait for my coil to be fitted so the witch can fuck off for good!! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->