First Period off BCP...

Mrs711

Reaction score
I am waiting for AF to arrive for the first time after stopping BCP after 15 years. On day 29 now and still waiting. How long did it take others? Did anyone have a BFP and not have AF the first month?

I had been on ortho tricyclen for almost 20 years before TTC my son in 2013. First cycle off was about 31 days, then settled into 28-29 for three months, then bfp. I wrote a longer post if you search my old threads.

DS is 15 months now and we are hoping for another. Started back on the ortho tricyclen when I stopped BFing him at 11 months, took it for two cycles, and am now just finishing my first "real" period. It started 31 days after the first day of my last pill withdrawal bleed.

It depends on what form of BC you're on. While I was on Yaz it took a month to regulate but when I was on the Depo shot it took 5-6 months. Be patient and start tracking so you know what's normal and what's not. :)

It does depend and everyone is different. My Dr told me not to expect my period for anything up to 6 months but I was lucky and it arrived shortly after stopping the pill and was very regular thereafter.

I stopped my pill in June 2011, had a chemical pregnancy in August 2011 and my sticky BFP in October 2011 - I gave birth to my now three year old son in June 2012, so it all worked pretty well for me.

We are now considering trying for number 2 and I am thinking about coming off BC (cerazette pill), so hopefully I can be as fortunate second time around.

Good luck!!!

I was on Kariva then Viorelle for about a 10 year span. My first cycle was 36 days with a light 2.5 day AF. Next cycle was 38 days with light spotting for a couple hours. I think it was so weird due to anovulation. I'm on cycle day 14 today, been using opks they are progressively slowly getting darker.

I hope you have a better time, but the first cycle after AF I very unpredictable. I would test weekly until bfp or AF. Good luck :)

I was on minorvral for 6 years. Stopped bc.
Had withdrawl bleed for 4 days after my last period on the pill.
got a bfp first month of trying :)

I was on select 1/35 having seasonal periods (once every 3 months) bfp first cycle unfortunately it was a chemical. My lining was too thin because I only had a periods every 3 months.

I have erratic cycles 28-36 days

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->