First Positive OPK this morning, wondering about BD'ing timing

wifey2013

Reaction score
Hi Ladies, this is my first time posting and I hope I'm doing it correctly.

My husband and I are TTC our first (he's 30 and I'm 28). I used an OPK this month and finally on CD15 I got a positive OPK, with very wet CM and very tender breasts and low back pain. We BD'd the past three days (and I've been lying on my back for 30 minutes afterward with a pillow propped under my bum - I may be overdoing it but we're excited :winkwink:), but what I'm wondering is how much longer we should be BD'ing for? If we do it today and the next 3 days have we covered all our ground? We're really hoping for a BFP at the end of this cycle and I'm stressing out a bit with timing.

Any help would be great. Thank you!

Hi Ladies, this is my first time posting and I hope I'm doing it correctly.

My husband and I are TTC our first (he's 30 and I'm 28). I used an OPK this month and finally on CD15 I got a positive OPK, with very wet CM and very tender breasts and low back pain. We BD'd the past three days (and I've been lying on my back for 30 minutes afterward with a pillow propped under my bum - I may be overdoing it but we're excited :winkwink:), but what I'm wondering is how much longer we should be BD'ing for? If we do it today and the next 3 days have we covered all our ground? We're really hoping for a BFP at the end of this cycle and I'm stressing out a bit with timing.

Any help would be great. Thank you!

Welcome to BnB!! :flower:

Well, it's all about timing of course! But even with bding during O time, it can take a few cycles before getting your bfp. I would definitely BD before getting a +OPK and after. Remember the sperms can live until 5 days inside of you.
It also depends on your hubby's sperm supply too. You might be good BDing every day or it might be better for every other day depending on if he has low or high supply. But I don't think you can know that unless he is tested for it.
Hopefully your egg will catch it this cycle :thumbup: Good luck

Thank you! We will continue what we are doing, just don't want to wear DH out. :)

hey thanks for your post ive learnt some bits here, im quite newish to this, but last month we caught ov time, and i still didnt get preg, but quite nice to hear that other ladies ov and dtd and still get a negative, so i dont feel so awful now lol
Goodluck xx

We were lucky to catch on our 2nd cycle both times I conceived. We only BD'd on my 1st +OPK day both times. We use a donor so I basically had 1 shot a cycle, and it shows that 1 well timed BD is all you need :) FX for you and good luck - you are covering all ground.

Apparently every woman only has a 20 - 30% chance of conceiving each cycle Clucas so don't worry hun :) That's why they say to allow up to 6 months for a perfectly healthy couple when TTC, and also to wait until the 1 year + mark to get worried :)

Good luck to you both x

Thank you :) I'm a bit confused because this morning I had a positive OPK but when I tested this evening the test line was lighter than the control line (I have been drinking a lot of water an had peed less than an hour before testing so that could have affected the results). Anyways, we'll still DTD and I'll wait until the 17th, if AF hasn't showed I'll take my first HPT. Finger crossed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->