First post in First Tri #2 - Cramps

joeybrooks

Ethan and Leo's mummy
Reaction score
Ladies, I'm new to first tri (was last here in October 2011) and was going to wait a while until I introduced myself as I am incredibly early still, but I needed some advice so I'm here sooner than expected.

I got my BFP last thursday at what I think was around 9dpo. I've been testing every morning still (I had a CP before and am very anxious) and although the lines arent getting any darker (just using cheap test strips), they are staying more or less the same, although I'd like them to get darker.

Anyway, AF would be due between today and wednesday and this morning I woke up very crampy, exactly as I did last month on the day AF came (my first for 8.5 weeks after coming off BCP). I've had no bleeding, but the cramps are very similar to AF cramps.

I was just wondering if any of you have had cramps, exactly like AF cramps, right at the time when you would be due AF, and all went on ok.

I know cramping is normal, but this just feels so AF like.

Anyway, thanks for reading and fingers crossed.

I had loads of AF cramps when I got my BFP...I thought she was coming for sure. Then I had bad cramps on and off for a while after that. 6 weeks now and they are easing off.

Cramps are fine as long as no bleeding etc is what I was told when I asked the doctor with my daughter. I had bad AF cramps with my last two pregnancies too.

The cramps with the M/C I had were so different like 100x worse than AF cramps

I had tons of cramps from 4-6 weeks pregnant. They stopped this week at 6 weeks. Felt exactly like af was just about to start!!

Thank you both so much for taking the time to respond and reassure me. I just really panicked, as you know, AF cramps have a very distinctive feel, and that is just how it felt.

Has eased slightly as they day has gone on so I'm praying it stays away.

I had cramps pretty regularly until about 7 weeks and then on and off after that. I still get them occasionally.. They are worrying in the beginning but basically growing pains :hugs:

I had cramps worse then I imagine AF could be. I also have a hematoma and the early cramps might be connected to it. I would sometimes cramp for two days straight. What totally helped me was taking magnesium (am taking about 400mg). My uterus became so relaxed. Almost never have any cramps now despite the hematoma.

With all my bfps I swore AF was coming right on schedule or that I was gearing up for a cp. I ran to the bathroom every break to check and never had bleeding. After a few days past af they started feeling more achey cramps than menstruation like. Just your body adjusting. :). Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->