First post! Possibly pregnant and totally confused

pocketz_baby

Reaction score
So this is my first time posting and it's going to be a long post. this situation has a loooong story lol. Don't have all the lingo down but please bear with me :blush:
Here's the deal; 6 years ago I found out i had multiple small cysts on both ovaries and four years ago I was told I had PCOS by obgyn and was put on a low dose birth control to help regulate my period ( I only had 2 that year). Over the next couple years in the women's clinic I went to I saw a different doctor every visit and the birth control dose was upped twice just to see if it would lighten the side effects I was having and each time the side effects got worse. Last time they upped it I decided I was done with bc altogether after 3 months (my body adjusted to each birth control the first month) because I was becoming more and more of a total MESS from it. That was last February 2014-ish and I had a period after stopping it...then didnt have a period for 10 months and it was very stressful for me. Primary doc was concerned and all lab tests looked fine: hormones, thyroid, blood pressure, EVERYTHING, so she sent me back to the womens clinic asking them to do a trans-vaginal ultrasound to see if maybe the cysts were causing issues or if something was physically preventing a period.. well obgyn didnt do crap. Literally did my yearly exam but had issues finding cervix and preached bc over and over but did finally gave me the option of taking progesterone pills 10 days every 3 months just so i'd have a period; it wouldnt regulate it or help me ovulate- said there was no possible way of knowing if I was still ovulating at all. ( I have continually kept up with cm etc for a year now- had ewcm every few months and it appeared to have a cycle although irregular) Did the progesterone and had an 8 day period starting Dec 24 - woohoo for Christmas/New Years pms lol! Here's where it gets interesting:
fiance and I have been discussing ttc but werent having sex. well, the whole month of January my body was on OVERDRIVE and I was very aware of any changes to it. On Jan 14 i started having sudden cramps and noticed tons more white slightly stretchy cm to ewcm and that continued until the 22nd although it lessened. On the 18th we had a slip up and started having unprotected nooky but used withdrawal, but we continued (same method) about 3-4 more times in the next 24-36 hours. By 21st (guestimating 3-4 dpo) had lower back/hip aches, pelvic aches using the restroom, racy heart, etc and more symptoms kept progressing. i craved water of all things lol ( i hate plain water). primary doc got a trans-vaginal ultrasound done finally at hosp on 23rd. during the next week cervix was low easily felt even though I have never been able to feel it before and cm did weird whacky flip flops in consistency daily. Jan 30 - little brown discharge just noticeable when wiping (never happens before AF) and Aunt Flo started. went to doc late that afternoon because i wasnt supposed to have a another AF from the progesterone and to find out ultrasound info. doc did a pee test - bfn - but we discovered the ultrasounds looked great. no string of pearls on ovaries. they looked like they would around ovulation time- she described it as "follicular." that would have been around 12-13 dpo guessing. Decided the progesterone might have actually sparked my my full cycle restarting and to start taking 1000mg chasteberry/vitex to help balance progesterone/estrogen levels naturally. anyway, AF lightened 31st and only spotted Feb 1st and 2nd - 4 days for total AF. Ended up with the crud and went back to doc Monday 2/9 morning. She didnt do another pee test and said it was in fact AF and that it would have been normal for it to be lighter than the 6-7 days Ive always had (on and before bc), but that pcos was probably misdiagnosed and we would stop treating the AF irregularity as pcos related and gear more towards getting my fertility in order for ttc.
so theres my predicament. even though we werent ttc, fiance is happy either way and we have decided if we are not already expecting :hugs: we are going to start ttc! :) this past month consistently I've been pretty calm, continue to crave salad, drank at least 64 oz of water most days and nothing else (total miracle for me). Still getting over the crud so increased fatigue and trouble sleeping for the past month, acne has flared up like crazy, nausea and cant stand my favorite tea, low cramps, cant keep my skin moisturized, cervix has stayed really low (had been med-hard closed but soft and open 2 days) , mucus/ discharge is still crazy, it has been somewhat less and much more watery with thick stretchy strings since "period" , but today was a lot of white almost lotiony consistency tmi i know :p. since the whacky AF my moods have been a roller coaster lol. Fiance said he couldnt figure me out a couple days :p my stomach has also continued to look bloated and i cant suck it in; all my clothes are tighter. weight fluctuated too: 5 lbs down on 1/31 and 4 lbs up on 2/9. I am utterly confused but oddly calm regarding possible pregnancy. :haha: sorry for such a long post but I would love to know what y'all wonderful ladies think about all this. is it possible i could still really be pregnant? :dust:

If you had AF then its unlikely. All you can really do is test. It may just be your body responding to the pills.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->