First postpartum AF... Or pregnant?!?! Help!

Wugz22

Reaction score
I just had my little one 4 months ago to the day. I am still breastfeeding and haven't had a menstrual cycle since giving birth. DH and I usually use a condom, but didn't when we DTD 2 Sundays ago. This weekend, I had a huge drop in milk supply, and then spotting on Monday morning, so I thought AF for sure. Now it's Thursday and I haven't had anymore than that one light episode of spotting! I'm having a few symptoms of a hormonal change... my nipples are sensitive again, I'm crabby... but no period still! What was with the spotting and drop in supply?! I took a preggo test today and it was negative.

Looking for advice from anyone who maybe got pregnant while nursing!? Or does this sounds like the first AF after pregnancy?

I think the first period after you've given birth is always strange. However, I think you should wait 5 - 7 days and see if a full blown period turns up, if not I would contact your doctor and take another pregnancy test. It's extremely easy to get pregnant again once you've given birth. My sister got pregnant four months after giving birth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->