First pregnancy and paranoid

Blueberry417

Reaction score
Hey guys! First time being pregnant here, 7+1. I am CONSTANTLY worrying! My first appointment is on Wednesday. I was actually in the ER to check for a blood clot in my leg at 6+3 (everything is fine) and the u/s tech took a peek at my belly for me. He said he could definitely tell I was pregnant but couldn't see anything? And then I was scrolling through forums on here and came across a blighted ovum...between this and worrying about a miscarriage I'm going mad! Anyone else paranoid their first time around?

During my first pregnancy I was a basket case and honestly it didn't go away. I remember thinking that once I had my DD I would be less crazy with concern...but nope! :haha:

In my experience I've only have had vag ultrasounds that early, I think its because babies are too small to be detected through a regular abdominal US. Do you have a US scheduled for the baby?

Glad I'm not the only one feeling this way! I have my first prenatal visit scheduled...what happens then I have no idea lol

I had an abominal ultrasound around 6-7 weeks this pregnancy and all they saw was the sac, same as you. Vaginal u/s showed the yolk and little baby with a heartbeat hiding in there :) Like the pp said, they're usually too small and hidden to be seen. Wishing you good luck! Chances are that everything is just fine in there :)

Hi Hun, you're not alone. I have had suck terrible anxiety and this is also my first pregnancy. I am so paranoid about everything that I'm driving my loved ones crazy...believe me I'm the queen or anxiety and being paranoid. This is how paranoid I am:

-I freak out over the color of my urine and over analyze to make sure that there is no blood.

-I OVER analyze my toilet paper thinking to myself that I'm seeing spotting.

-I freak out when I see white clumps in the toilet (prone to yeast infection unfortunately)

-I freak out over my cramping I get because I worry it's a miscarriage because of things I read from other woman and that was their first sign of a pending m/c.

-I become worried if I have a good day with no symptoms.

-I almost go into an anxiety attack when I got to have an u/s done, worried that something is going to be wrong.

I will be entering my second trimester next week, and though I still worry, each week my worrying gets a tiny bit less because I'm that much closer to March when I'm due, and the probability of m/c drops quite a bit. I am always worried of a m/c because I am a high risk for a few reasons and I'm used to hearing nothing but bad news (story of life and one o the reason I'm a basket case)

I would say don't worry, but easier said than done of course. I'm sure everything is perfect with your little bundle of joy and soon it will reassure you and when you are holding that baby in your arms you (and I) will look back on our pregnancy and laugh at ourselves for being such basket cases. It will make for one heck of a story when they grow up :hugs:

Hi Hun, you're not alone. I have had suck terrible anxiety and this is also my first pregnancy. I am so paranoid about everything that I'm driving my loved ones crazy...believe me I'm the queen or anxiety and being paranoid. This is how paranoid I am:

-I freak out over the color of my urine and over analyze to make sure that there is no blood.

-I freak out when I see white clumps in the toilet (prone to yeast infection unfortunately)

-I freak out over my cramping I get because I worry it's a miscarriage because of things I read from other woman and that was their first sign of a pending m/c.

-I almost go into an anxiety attack when I got to have an u/s done, worried that something is going to be wrong.

I will be entering my second trimester next week, and though I still worry, each week my worrying gets a tiny bit less because I'm that much closer to March when I'm due, and the probability of m/c drops quite a bit. I am always worried of a m/c because I am a high risk for a few reasons and I'm used to hearing nothing but bad news (story of life and one o the reason I'm a basket case)

I would say don't worry, but easier said than done of course. I'm sure everything is perfect with your little bundle of joy and soon it will reassure you and when you are holding that baby in your arms you (and I) will look back on our pregnancy and laugh at ourselves for being such basket cases. It will make for one heck of a story when they grow up :hugs:

I second everything you said. I do the exact same things! I almost hate peeing just because I don't want any surprises. Haha! I'm not a high risk pregnancy, but I hope everything goes well for you! The cramping...I feel like I'm on my period but then when I go a day without it I panick! I guess this will probably be the story of my life for the next 7 months. Can't wait for us both to have our healthy babies :winkwink:

I'm in exactly the same boat😁 Going crazy over analyzing toilet paper for spotting!! And the cramps are so often I worry when I don't get them! I'm 4w+3 and have my first scan when I am 5w+3...will I see anything? Can't wait for something real to see and feel! My husband is the same, I don't think it's real for him and he doesn't think about it like I do all the time.

I second everything you said. I do the exact same things! I almost hate peeing just because I don't want any surprises. Haha! I'm not a high risk pregnancy, but I hope everything goes well for you! The cramping...I feel like I'm on my period but then when I go a day without it I panick! I guess this will probably be the story of my life for the next 7 months. Can't wait for us both to have our healthy babies :winkwink:

Quite honestly I have had cramping since I ovulated! The cramps do feel period cramps the only thing is they last longer than a few days and you don't have to wear a pad LOL. When I was having bad cramping (which is the norm for me) I was doing research and every time I turned around someone who had the "same" cramps reported a m/c. Of course this kept me freaking out and in some ways it still does, I think it does with all the mommies because they just want to know their little one is safe. If we were given an absolute answer that the baby was going to be fine and healthy (like we had a time machine to scroll forward to see ourselves holding our baby) then I think we would all be relaxed and just take the cramps and sickness most of get with a grain of salt and actually laugh LOL.

The part that freaked me out the early part of pregnancy was that (sorry for the TMI) every time I had sex or would masterbate I would start bleeding/spotting and most of the time it went away within 24 hours, the last time though the spotting lasted 48 hours. Every time this happened I freaked...let me say that again, FREAKED out! I masterbated about a week ago and no bleeding or spotting and a week or so before that I had an orgasm in my sleep that I could not control. It so sucks with the hormones going crazy that I want to have "fun" with my boyfriend, or have some self fun but I am petrified to do any sexual stuff. The doctor gave me the green light but a part of me doesn't trust her on that and I don't want to cause any harm. Oh the joys of pregnancy LOL.

I'm in exactly the same boat😁 Going crazy over analyzing toilet paper for spotting!! And the cramps are so often I worry when I don't get them! I'm 4w+3 and have my first scan when I am 5w+3...will I see anything? Can't wait for something real to see and feel! My husband is the same, I don't think it's real for him and he doesn't think about it like I do all the time.

I'm not sure if they will see anything. My first scan was at 7 weeks (7+4 I think to be exact) but I saw the baby (major sigh of relief when I saw the baby on the screen) I could even see its little heart beating and heard the heartbeat...hearing that was the most amazing and surreal moment of my life. You will be having a transvaginal ultrasound, don't worry it doesn't hurt. The doctor that did my first ultrasound said that they do a transvaginal u/s before 9 weeks and after is the standard u/s. However, when I went to another doctor (same building and department) I was 10 weeks and she did a transvaginal u/s on me too...now that time the u/s was very uncomfortable and hurt a bit because the uterus was bigger and in a different position so she had to move it around a lot to try to find the baby (my main pic is from my last u/s) the baby was trying to play peek a boo and it took her a minute to try to find the baby LOL. Once she did I saw the cutest thing. My baby was laying on its side and suddenly the baby's belly got really big in the picture because it was stretching and making itself right at home. I started to laugh when I saw the baby being hyper and even the doctor said,"oh my, we got ourselves a hyper little one!" LOL.

I agree, this first tri is making me so anxious. TMI if I feel discharge I automatically think its my period or blood! I try not to think of anything bad that could happen, considering this is my first pregnancy ever, but it's so hard when you hear the stories about miscarriage & all the other things that could go wrong.
My 1st US isn't for 3 weeks... & I'm freaking out!!!! I want to know whats going on!

Totally agree. I keep being worried I'll see blood every time I hit the washroom. Especially since (TMI) I also have way too much CM.

I agree, this first tri is making me so anxious. TMI if I feel discharge I automatically think its my period or blood! I try not to think of anything bad that could happen, considering this is my first pregnancy ever, but it's so hard when you hear the stories about miscarriage & all the other things that could go wrong.
My 1st US isn't for 3 weeks... & I'm freaking out!!!! I want to know whats going on!

Amen girl! That's exactly how I feel with the discharge or the CM. Sometimes the CM is so much you feel like you're peeing your pants or worst case thinking that you are bleeding. I had that really bad around 8 weeks I had to wear a pad.

I couldn't agree more with all the stories you hear about miscarriage. Also, when you go to look up a symptom you're having you end up reading someone's story where they had the same symptom as you and had a miscarriage. The doctors told me to stay away from Dr.Google.

How far along are you? I can assure you that the discharge is normal. It's not necessarily "discharge" you could be having a lot of cervical mucus (CM) that has been my case and I have been told multiple times that it is normal, but if you are fully soaking through your pants (where it looks like you peed yourself) then get ahold of your doctor, nurse or midwife so they can just make sure it's not amniotic fluid.

Totally agree. I keep being worried I'll see blood every time I hit the washroom. Especially since (TMI) I also have way too much CM.

The CM is such a pain, mentally of course. You keep feeling that you're bleeding and only come to find out that you just have a ton of CM. I get that from time to time and when it's shows up its on full throttle. I'm 13 weeks and I'm in one of those CM cycles. They come and go with me. How far along are you?

I'm only 5+4, I'm usually just always moist now that I've found out I'm pregnant & sometimes get small amounts of discharge.
I just went to the clinic today & the nurse told me the same thing "you'll worry yourself to death reading everything on google"

Like for instance, today I looked up if miscarriage is always in correlation with bleeding & now I read stories of women who carried their babies for 9-12 weeks & didn't know that the babies heart stopped sometime earlier in their pregnancy, ugh!!!

I need confirmation everyday lol.:cry::nope:

The CM is such a pain, mentally of course. You keep feeling that you're bleeding and only come to find out that you just have a ton of CM. I get that from time to time and when it's shows up its on full throttle. I'm 13 weeks and I'm in one of those CM cycles. They come and go with me. How far along are you?

Just short of 5 weeks, as per my siggy.

I'm only 5+4, I'm usually just always moist now that I've found out I'm pregnant & sometimes get small amounts of discharge.
I just went to the clinic today & the nurse told me the same thing "you'll worry yourself to death reading everything on google"

Like for instance, today I looked up if miscarriage is always in correlation with bleeding & now I read stories of women who carried their babies for 9-12 weeks & didn't know that the babies heart stopped sometime earlier in their pregnancy, ugh!!!

I need confirmation everyday lol.:cry::nope:

Oh hon, hugs to you :hugs: I was the same exact way and worrying left and right. You could very well have a yeast infection I've had those left and right this pregnancy, they are a pain. If you think you may have a yeast infection get into the doctor to make sure first and foremost, and if it is no worries just use Monistat 7 to treat it, don't do the 1 or 3 day treatment because the dosage is stronger in those, so stick with 7.

I read so many of those posts and the worried me to death, you felt like no matter what you ask you find a post or a reply that ended in a miscarriage. Hon I'm here to tell you from personal experience if you don't have bleeding or spotting don't worry your pretty little head, and if you do pay attention to the color and how much you have. A lot of women experience spotting during their pregnancy (especially the first trimester) because SO MUCH blood flow is going to the cervix and it's extremely sensitive, and that's the reason it bleeds or spots...had that quite a few times, especially after sex or masterbating. A lot of women get brownish spotting which is old blood so that's good. I myself have experienced light pink-dark pink spotting and it lasted 24 hours usually but it can last as long as 48 hours. If spotting or bleeding occur contact your doctor just to be safe, but if you are just noticing the spotting when you go to the bathroom or when you wipe and it never gets on a pad you're ok :thumbup: especially if it is getting lighter and not increasing. Also while I spotted I had cramps left and right, cramping is not always bad, you're uterus is expanding and things are starting to change. If you have a yeast infection I found out from personal experience that you can spot during that time.

For now, try to relax and think positive (I know it's not easy) I have been hell so far with my pregnancy and this baby is doing really well and now raising hell with my not being able to eat...I've lost 37 lbs this pregnancy because my appetite is way down and when I do eat (especially this past week) the food is not agreeing with me, nor are liquids.

Just short of 5 weeks, as per my siggy.

Oops my iPhone didn't load the sig so I couldn't see LOL. You must have just found out, congrats! Have you had any issues so far? Any spotting or bleeding?

No issues. Had my first morning sickness day yesterday though. :haha: (just nausea)

No issues. Had my first morning sickness day yesterday though. :haha: (just nausea)

You are lucky! I felt just a little nauseated here and there till week 9 hit and boom it hit me. But now I'm on week 13 and my nausea/vomiting is at is worst, can't eat much or drink much. When I went to me 10 week appointment I got lectured for losing 20 lbs, well now it's 37...she's not going to be happy with me LOL

I'm prepared with an anti-nausea prescription. I'll be filling it tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->