First Pregnancy and worried

Megs555

Reaction score
Hey there ladies I am 25 and this is my first pregnancy, i was taking multi v for a couple months before pregnancy and have been taking prenatal vitamins for a week now and am approx 4 weeks. I am SO nervous and worried after reading about so many miscarriages and chemical pregnancies. Any advice would be welcome, also success stories that went well with first pregnancies! Thank you :)

Congratulations! :)

First off, I'd say not to worry! Worrying about a miscarriage or chemical won't stop it from happening, it just stresses you out. And there's just no reason to jump to the negative! :) Just be excited for this wonderful time in your life. Second, ask lots of questions of your doctor/midwife/whoever you are seeing. Make sure you know what to expect/what's normal and what's not. It's easy to compare pregnancies with friends or family, but honestly every woman can be so different. Maybe also keep a journal to document milestones and how you're feeling and growing.

Congrats...i wouldnt worry and just be excited :) The reason why you see so many mcs and chemicals is because they are only known due to a lot of people choosing to test so early. In fact many people dont know they have had a mc because it happens so soon. Chemicals although very sad to have happen, are actually a good thing as its the body recognising a non healthy growing baby. Imagine if our bodies never got rid of an unhealthy baby how many would actually go on to be born with major issues? We all want that healthy baby right off the bat, but sometimez its not the case. But normally a lot of later first trimester mcs tend to be due to other factors such as stress, physical impact on baby, sickness, taking things that are unsafe during pregnancy, and other things. So as long as you are trying your best to take care of yourself, you have a higher chance to make it through the waves of the first tri.

Hey there ladies I am 25 and this is my first pregnancy, i was taking multi v for a couple months before pregnancy and have been taking prenatal vitamins for a week now and am approx 4 weeks. I am SO nervous and worried after reading about so many miscarriages and chemical pregnancies. Any advice would be welcome, also success stories that went well with first pregnancies! Thank you :)

Congratulations! :flower:

I can absolutely relate to the way you are feeling, i am 25 in a few months and 5 weeks (today) with baby number one! to calm myself I am started to read "What to expect when you're expecting" I plan to start pre-natal yoga and someone very special told me last night that it isall about the fear of the unknown and that we need to do our best to calm ourselves and trust our bodies. One day at a time! we can be each others support systems :hugs:
Happy and Healthy 9 months!

Katie

awwh this is so like myself. this is mine & my husbands first baby & also my first pregnancy. when I first found out I was pregnant I was SOO happy & minutes later came the worrying.. my husband & I were so excited that we immediately told everyone about the baby.. family, friends, co workers, even facebook. I would constantly worry about miscarriage & worry about having 2 tell everyone bad news. I googled miscarriage risks at each week I got 2 & they kept getting lower but I continued 2 worry. I try 2 talk 2 my husband about it & he just doesn't understand he says everything is gonna be fine. ive seen & heard a healthy heartbeat but does that stop my worrying? no it doesn't. im almost 11 weeks now & I stil google miscarriage risks, what not 2 eat or drink, is it safe 2 have sex n first trimester etc.. at 4-8 weeks I was extremely worried. at 10 weeks it calmed down a little bit especially cuz I just seen my baby on ultrasound n 3D & heard good heartbeat a couple days ago. SO my point is .. it does get better! I know ur only 4 weeks & it might seem like its gonna take 4ever for u 2 get 2 a point where u can relax a little but but that's exactly how I felt at 4 weeks.. now that im 10+4 it seems like I ws just 4 or 5 weeks yesterday. it really does go by. but throughout ur entire pregnancy there will always be things u worry about! (or so ive been told) just take it easy, try not 2 worry, & enjoy being pregnant knowing u r growing a little human being inside of u!

So many words of encouragement! Means a lot to read that a lot of you felt similarly and are going through the same thing! I try not to think about the negative possibilities and I focus on the good and the excitement!! Thanks for sharing ladies!

Congrats! I know it's scary but it's true worrying can not help. Every day you're pregnant brings an increased probability of everything being fine. Xxx

First of congratulations!
Enjoy the fact your pregnant and TRY not to worry about all the facts and figures you see.
Read up on what you can and can't do and let nature take it's cause. Your body is doing an amazing thing so times will be hard but also when you feel it move and kick it will be magical. Let alone the moment you get to hold your baby :)

Congrats! I'm a FTM too and found just about everything to worry about in the first several weeks. I just eventually made an agreement with myself, and I have posted this on another thread, but it helped. I basically agreed that there are two tradgedies that can occur: one- mc- is unavoidable. The second: not enjoying my pregnancy fully because of fear- totally avoidable. This is a special time- enjoy it as much as you can and give yourself permission not to worry. Worked for me, anyway.

I love what you said littlejune!
I'm a first time mom too, and am 29 years old, 5 weeks pregnant. I am struggling with anxiety a ton as well. I'm praying a lot, and trying to take care of myself, but that's all I can do. The next 3 weeks, my goal is to hope the best, that little babe is thriving, and enjoy this early time until my first sonogram!

THANK YOU Megs for making this post!

I'm also a first-time mom, 27 and 9 weeks pregnant. I have had a relatively easy pregnancy thus far *knocks on wood*. While some women on the boards say "enjoy it" or "you're lucky"... it is hard to, because in the absence of tell-tale pregnancy symptoms (i.e. morning sickness), you cannot help but think something terribly, terribly wrong has happened or is happening. I have become so stressed, paranoid and cannot enjoy being pregnant.

I'm so glad to hear there are others in the same boat and we can form a good support group. Thank you ladies!

25 and pregnant with my first also! It's been a tough road for me so I'm trying really hard not to worry too! I don't want to look back and be mad that I worried away this time instead of enjoying it! So here's to a healthy and happy 9 months for all of us!!

Very comforting to hear other people are in the same boat or have been and are still having a healthy pregnancy! I have my first ultrasound today to see EDD!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->