First pregnancy...anxiety issues and symptons

Rosiegirl

Reaction score
Hi -

I am currently 11 weeks and 6 days pregnant. I am a first time Mom who has been trying for 2 years and it finally happened.

I wanted to get advice on how to deal with anxiety and negative thoughts. I find that the past two weeks my mind goes crazy and I am scared something is going to happen to the baby (not going to be there anymore, malformations, ect) My mind thinks of everything.
I want to stay positive the whole time, but it took us so long and we had so many negative experiences on trying that I think I am in shock a bit and is having a hard time believing this is true.

I had an ultrasound last Friday at 10 weeks 5 days, and the baby looked great. Both saw and heard the heartbeat. And I go in for my 12 week apt next week. I keep trying to remind myself that the baby looked good and that everything is out of my control

Just wanted to know if other first time mommies have experienced this and how they handeled it

Also, is it normal for pregnancy symptons, like morning sickness, to start getting better around week 11?
And my belly seems to change, at night its seems big and in the morning back to normal (well smaller bump).. Could this just be bloating at night? Why does that happen?

Thank you

Congratulations on your pregnancy. :happydance:

Just to start with the bloating i think is where you have been eating and drinking all day your tummy bloats out. by the morning its all headed south etc, once you have brekkie and a drink i bet it pops out again!! lol

The way to deal with anxiety is to not go on the net!! I'm sorry to say but forums like this are filled with bad stories as when bad things happen people come to places like this for support and information. I'm not saying leave the forum but try and refrain from the negative posts if they feel they may upset and worry you more, especially keep away from the 'loss' sections. :cry:

I had my first 2 children and never had the Internet or anything and i always thought 'I'm preg, I'm having a baby' that's it, i never knew half the things i do now about all these horrible things that happen to all these wonderful people who do not deserve it.

I will admit i am really anxious with this little bean, it's take nearly 4 yrs to fall preg and now Ive been on Internet reading all these sad stories i worry even more! .... However you've got to think to yourself that you have no reason to worry, you have seen your little bean all happy and healthy. You are days away from hitting the 12 week mark. In 7 months or so you will look back and wander what you worried about.

My ms started subsiding at around 11 weeks so yeah we should think ourselves lucky it's not following us into 2nd tri :happydance:

I hope this helps and hope we can follow each other to the end when we both have little bundles in our arms :baby:

:hugs:
xxx

Hi there, not sure I can offer much help but wanted to reply as I have recently suffered from anxiety issues, after a long time worrying about it I went to speak to my doctor and she prescribed be citalopram which i obviously had to stop taking when i fell pregnant and I have been ok since. When I came off the tablets the Doctor said if I had feelings of anxiety then to come and see her again as they are safe things I could take during the pregnancy to take the edge off the feelings. I've actually been totally fine so I haven't been back but if this is really causing you problems I would advise you speak to your Doctor, and even ask them to refer you to someone to just speak to about your feelings as this can help too. Hope things get better for you :hugs:

Hi Rosiegirl,

I didn't want to read and run! I know exactly what you are going through, we have been trying to conceive for almost 3 years so now it feels even more precious and at the same time more fragile. I am trying to relax by having "me" time and as much time for myself as possible. I like to have a nice bath with candles, read a book or a magazine, just relax as much as I can. I know this may sound selfish, but I am trying not to think about the baby obsessively because it makes me paranoid!

I hope you feel better and more relaxed soon xx

I can understand how you feel, im not as far on as you but ive convinced myself something will go wrong, that i will get a bleed or get to 12 weeks and there will be something wrong. Like you i know that what will be will be but i still cant shake it. I have to agree with the first poster that forums like this can make it worse for that reason i try to avoid any thread that seems to be about bleeding or loss. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->