First pregnancy bed rest at 30 weeks...a prediction for the second pregnancy?

nikkchikk

Reaction score
My first pregnancy was perfect until 30 weeks my when my husband and I had unprotected sex (like normal) one morning and within 15 minutes, I was contracting. We ended up in L&D and I was in fact, going into labor. The doctors stopped it and I was on strict bedrest at home for the duration of pregnancy. I was released from bed rest at 37 weeks and of course, we had sex because we had been forbidden for so long. Sure enough within minutes I was in labor. My now 2.5 year old daughter was born perfect with no issues 18 hours later.

As for what caused the labor? All I can deduce is that it was my husbands sperm hitting my cervix that triggered labor both times.

What about orgasms as a cause? I am ruling out my own orgasms as a trigger, because I had non penetration orgasms while on bed rest (okay-ed by doc) and that didn't cause any problems.

We are planing on getting pregnant again after waiting 2 cycles (Mirena IUD removed yesterday) but I am nervous about preterm labor happening again.

The obvious solution would be to stay away from unprotected sex during the pregnancy, but is that enough? Is it better to abstain completely? As selfish as it sounds, the thought of no sex with my husband for 9 months seriously depresses me. We have a very happy and healthy sex life.

I am just looking for anyone who has had a similar experience. Thanks!

Sperm won't ripen the cervix unless it is "ready" usually. So you were probably prone to it in that pregnancy. It doesn't mean you're prone to it again though. Maybe if you're very worried you could use condoms?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->