First pregnancy freakouts

Peanut112

Reaction score
I seriously don't know what to do. I've had baby fever for the longest time and now that I'm pregnant I'm scared poopless!! Everything was all "set up" and then suddenly it all crashed and finances and ohmygoodness. Nobody knows I'm pregnant except for the OH and of course you guys... But I have a strange feeling nobody else will want this! The OH's family has already stated previously that they don't want a little one running around. My family is more on the "get your life started" side, even though they don't know. (I'm 20) Of course It'll be another 8 months. But I literally feel alone! The OH is now doubting this baby thing too. He's got a 2 year old (not mine) which makes me feel as if he doesn't want to have kids with me? I just feel really pressured and alone and scared.

One moment I'm absolutely smitten, can't wait to hold that tiny body in my arms for the first time..... And the next I fear for my and my babies wellbeing. Heartbroken.... Terrified.

We were NTNP. I was in and out of the doctors because of uncontrollable uterus bleeding for nearly a month, told I was probably not able to conceive and of course the moment I was told to "come back if it continues" it stopped. Tada. Pregnant.

Try not to worry about anyone else's reaction to this pregnancy. Focus on just you and your little one. I tried for 3 years to get pregnant and I'm not going to lie, I was scared when I found out. Its a huge life changing event that is taking place. Congratulations on your pregnancy and I wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy :hugs:

Thank you so much. I really needed that. Being hormonal is hard enough and then everything piling on top of that just blah! I just gotta keep reminding myself that everything will work out as it should.. Even if it's downright terrifying.

It is so normal to have mixed emotions all over the place. My advice, take it one day at at a time and let things fall into place.... it will all be okay!

I was 17 working fulltime and my own place when I first got pregnant.. my family were not happy but after a few weeks they came around... my inlaws were the worst but when my DD was born they were the most obsessed with her..still are she is 24yrs old.. I am now pregnant with my partner of 3 yrs.. we had 7 losses and I was so emotional pregnant with them.. this time I am chilled...in fact I feel kind of switched off.. I feel I wont cope when it is born and then worrying about my job and finances.. its the hormones.. plus people that are anti babies all come around and love them.. don't worry.. it will all work out x

I too was 20 years old when I fell pregnant with my first after years of saying I would never have kids. I was on an emotional roller coaster. OH wasn't too thrilled about the baby either... he was more nervous than anything. The first trimester was trying since I wasn't used to the changes going on in my body. I was freaked out about giving birth. In the end, after my daughter was born, I saw a dramatic change in in myself. During the birth, which went smoother than I imagined it, I realized that I was a strong person, not as weak as I thought I was. I didn't get to the hospital until I was 8 cm dilated and they didn't have time to get me pain meds so I had to push out my baby naturally. To top it off she was born almost 9 lbs.! The first few months were hectic adjusting to my new life but in the end I learned to love in new ways I never knew I could. It was an amazing adventure and I guess that is why I want to do it again :blush: Give yourself some time and don't let others sway your own opinion. You, and only you, know what is best.

Thank you ladies, your words are comforting <3 I can only hope I, and the rest of the family, would feel the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->