First pregnancy, looking for a little reassurance?

MEPride

Reaction score
Because naturally I'm freaking out over every tiny thing. Today's freak out moment is whether my tests are darkening enough quickly enough? I got my first bfp at 10dpo and it was a squinter! See picture 1. The second picture is from this morning at 16 dpo. Of course I had some mild on/off cramping yesterday (no spotting) which made me think the worst. Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_2417.jpg
    IMG_2417.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2432.jpg
    IMG_2432.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 12
Yeah. The worry. It doesn't stop. This is my first pregnancy as well and I constantly worry about everything every feeling being scared to death that I'm going to lose my little bean :cry: . I google everything :wacko:. I saw my Dr. 1 day before my missed period I had taken 6 hpt by this time :haha: . My HCG lvl was only 83 at 3wks +6. I go for a follow up tomorrow and I'm getting my blood drawn today. We will get our first glimpse of our little mini me next Wednesday and hear the heart beat :happydance: . I suggest just trying to relax and make an appointment to see your dr so you can ease your mind.. Congrats on your :bfp: :hugs: :happydance:

First pregnancy. 21 weeks. Still in a state of constant worry.

Ash, my midwife can't see me until Feb 24th! I had my first beta draw last Friday and still haven't heard anything. I'm going to call today to see if I can get results and another draw.

The worry never ends! I had a CP in dec 2015. The cramping was horrible that time. I am SO terrified of it happening again. I want this to be my sticky bean!

This my first and I'm still worrying too. I also had cramping in the beginning, with no spotting. I googled it and it's most likely from your uterus expanding, which is good. All I can say is if it's meant to be, it will be.

Oh, I'm on my fifth pregnancy, but my first was only born 5 years and a couple of weeks ago... I remember it like it was yesterday. :) I worried through every single second of the pregnancy. Being pregnant with my fifth, I'm still worried, although I know much of what's normal. The cramping can get pretty intense in first trimester, and I have been known to say, "Oh, no. This is it. It's not meant to be." But it was always fine.

When I'm in first trimester and feel those cramps, I like to imagine my little bug snuggling into my uterus nice and close. That's almost literally what is happening.

I also get spotting throughout the first trimester. I always do. So even if you were spotting, it usually doesn't mean anything, either, except that your cervix is sensitive. Your lines look beautiful. Now put the tests away - you're pregnant!!!! :) I drove myself nuts comparing lines when I was pregnant with my first and promised I'd never do that again. But many of us are POAS addicts - haha. I think there's a whole thread devoted to it! :)

Xdxxtx, thanks. Trying so hard not to over think things. Got my beta hcg from 12 dpo at 123.8. I realize that number doesn't mean much until I get the follow up bloodwork which will be tonight when I get off work.

Never thought I'd be a POAS addict but I definitely am. Obsessing over everything. I talked with one of the nurses who also said some cramping is normal so that makes me feel a little better. I'm not sure much will make me feel better until I get a better idea as to the viability of this pregnancy. Sigh....

Had my first 7 months ago. The worries always there but I found once he started moving (when he decided to as there is no PROPPER week as to when you can start feeling them) my nerves calmed down a bit.

I'm glad that my hospital doesn't do beta HCG tests as procedure I think I would have gone NUTTY waiting for each result. Sometimes not knowing certain things keeps you from worrying for no reason. That's the reason I didn't do the genetic screening test. To each their own though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->