First Pregnancy, newbie newbie!!

dani_tinks

Mum to one of each
Reaction score
Ahhh help :)
Hi i'm new here and going to be a new mum, i'm 17 weeks gone at the moment and worrying about EVERYTHING. I don't know what's normal, what I should be doing, what I shouldn't be doing.
I'm worried about our cat too who's 11months and a spoilt maine coon, he's a soppy as they come but attached to us, he sleeps in our bedroom and we're not sure how to train or handle him - are these cat nets any good?
also i've been sick since day one and getting very tired of it - it completely drains you doesn't it!!!:cry: Ive tried ginger tea/biscuits but they don't have much of an effect, any other tips?
When have people started to feel movement? I'm worried that somethings wrong if i'm not feeling anything :shrug:
I'm such a worry head but any advice would be so much appreciated :) :kiss:

thankyouuuuuuuuuuu

xxx

Hi Hun - just wanted to say hi....This is my first pregnancy too, and had all those worries as well! If you have a hunt for threads on here, (if your worried about something in particular) they will definately put your mind at ease.

No ideas about the cat...sorry. But there are a lot of cat lovers on here because i've seen threads, so hopefully someone can help!

I didnt have bad sickness, so cant really help on that either.....but when I did sucking on sweets seemed to help me....weird I know!

And with the movement thing...I only felt mine about a week ago....it's different for every one....

Hope that helped a tiny tiny bit!

Hiya welcome!

I felt strong movements at 20 weeks..before that i felt little flutters..now my belly ripples and i can see him elbowing or kicking me :lol:

we are all worry heads on here so u will fit in just fine!, ill be off to 3rd trimester saturday but im sure ill be seeing u post around!

Take care xXx:hugs:

Aw thanks for that :) I think i'm just going a bit ahhh crazy! I'll have to have a hunt through the posts me thinks. It's a toughy with the cat though i'm clueless what to do with him :p x

Hi and welcome!

I have three cats one of which is a Maine Coon! <3 Don't you love them? We don't allow our kitties into our bedroom which is where the bassinet is. I'm afraid of the fur floating around. The Maine Coon doesn't shed much but my other two do!

Re: afraid and nevous about everything- You bet. Me too. I dont' think it ever goes away.

Re: Baby movements- Mine started at 15 weeks very light taps and at 20 I usually feel her every day. :)

HOpe that helps!

Maine Coons are so lovely, i'm not so worried about how he's going to be with the baby cus as you probably know, they're gentle giants and so loving it is just the bedroom thing. But I guess we're going to have to be a bit hard on him and just say a big NO to the bedroom. ahh, he'll get over it right? haha.
I hope I feel the baby soon, it'll totally put me at ease :) but thanks for all your comments and advice, tis really helping xx

Oh it's hard to keep them out. We used to let them all in with us, they'd pile up on our bed! I loved it....but now...they are out and I have one that YOWLS at the door every night at 3am. I had to put in a noise maker to drown out her sound!

Hello and welcome!

I am 17 weeks 4 days and have not felt any movements yet. It can happen anytime now. I can't wait to feel the flutters :)

Hey Hun and welcome :wave:

This forum has been such a help with me and my worries! I also don't really know what's 'normal' to be feeling, but the ladies on BnB are such a help - and I've normally found there are lots of others experiencing the same things as me... which puts my mind at rest.

I only started feeling movement last week (19 weeks) - it's so exciting :happydance: and such an amazing/weird feeling. Although now I worry when I can't feel anything - so I guess we'll always find SOMETHING to fret about :dohh:

Heyy. [: I worried about everything too - still do. Try saltines and pretzels, that's what helped me with morning sickness. I didn't feel any certain movement until after 20 weeks, so try not to get to worried about that - I know I was terrified, but now he's just kickin away all the time.

Hi there - we all have the same issues. Which is GREAT as once you air them on here you dont feel so lonely!
ON a similar topic....
My great big black moggie (is a complete softy - dribbles when you fuss him (ugh! - but cute!) and purrs like a motorbike - currently sleeps on our bed - either curled up by my feet or right between us taking up 2/3rds of the bed - cheeky sod. Anyway, the moses basket/bassinet will be in our room once baby arrives, so he'll be shut out of the bedroom.

My hubby (as soppy as the cat but without the drool thankfully!) wants to let him in our room for as long as possible, but I think it would be kinder, and also make it seem less that the baby is taking over number one spot from him, if we do it sooner rather than later so that he's over it by the time the baby arrives.

What do you girls think?

On the sickness issue - try sucking sweets (mints, boiled sweets, soothers throat sweets helped me LOADS!), also ice cubes or ice lollies, oranges too for some reason.

xxxx

Buffy- that is why we started kicking ours out sooner than later. It did help that we bought a new house so we implemented the rule from the start but personally I feel the sooner you do it, the less problems later.

The baby in the house will be enough of a disturbance for the fur baby to upset him enough without kicking him out at that time on top of it.

Small changes over time rather than all of a sudden. Maybe start putting him out 1 night a week, then change it to 2 ...and then 3 etc.

big :hugs:

my first pregnancy as well - I try hard not to worry, but even the slightest pain and I start to freak out hah.. I just tell myself that I don't know what to expect... and if I get concerned, I call my OB. This forum is an amazing resource and really helps because there are tons of first time, and second+ time moms.

I haven't really felt any movement yet, a bit of flutters here and there and some spider crawls but people feel different things at different times :)

I found vegetable thins, salt&vinegar chips + popcorn to be the best things for me to help with morning sickness + sour candies during the day - and I started taking my prenatal at night instead of in the morning.

Hope you start to feel better soon, welcome to the forum, and congratulations!!

Thanks girls :) It is a relief to have found this forum and to be able to air my fears and worries and to know that you're all going through it or been through it too :) it's lovely.
As for Pangur (the puss)- i'm really appreciating all this :p we're going to give him a cat flap that we control when we're about and try and make him some nice beds other places, maybe some card board boxes with a blanket in and a hot water bottle. I dunno just stuff to take him away from the bedroom. But yes, thanks again for all your lovely replies... much much appreciated

xxxxx

I worry whenever I feel the tiniest bit of pain too... I freaked out at work today cus my tummy felt all butterfly like and bubbly.. then realised, wait... this could be baby!!!! So im fingers crossing its the first movements =D

Sounds like babies first movements to me! Congrats!

This is my first pregnancy aswell and like you, I worry about pretty much everything.

My morning sickness started at around 6 weeks and its only just ended. The only things I can recomend are the anti sickness wristbands. They didnt take the nausea away completely but it they did take the edge of it, I also found that once you have vomited if you eat something small (not dairy) you have more chance of digesting it.

Cant help with the cats Im afraid!

Ahhh help :)
Hi i'm new here and going to be a new mum, i'm 17 weeks gone at the moment and worrying about EVERYTHING. I don't know what's normal, what I should be doing, what I shouldn't be doing.
I'm worried about our cat too who's 11months and a spoilt maine coon, he's a soppy as they come but attached to us, he sleeps in our bedroom and we're not sure how to train or handle him - are these cat nets any good?
also i've been sick since day one and getting very tired of it - it completely drains you doesn't it!!!:cry: Ive tried ginger tea/biscuits but they don't have much of an effect, any other tips?
When have people started to feel movement? I'm worried that somethings wrong if i'm not feeling anything :shrug:
I'm such a worry head but any advice would be so much appreciated :) :kiss:

thankyouuuuuuuuuuu
xxx

Ok re the cat - They ain't like dogs so can't exactly be trained so id start by just keeping him off the bed hun or off the furniture.
Get him a cat bed or one of those radiator bed things :)

You could get a cat net if you wanted, i have a cat too & personally wont be doing nothing different at all. The mere sound of a baby cry is enough to send most cats running. For those that don't it isn't hard just to pick them up & put them on the floor . Keep the babies room door closed once he/she uses it . i really think people go way overboard sometimes when it comes to cats.

Sickness - try 7up or sprite , a lot of us on here swore by this stuff :)

Movements vary hun but with a first you dnt tend to notice them as early as subsequent babies so with my 1st it was 19wks , but many dont feel it til 20/21wks.

If there is anything else worrying you just ask hun x

ps . congrats & welcome x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back