First Puree's - What did you try?

polo_princess

♥ Brookes Mummy ♥
Reaction score
What were the first puree's you tried when weaning?

I thought for the first two id try one sweet one savoury so we're going for apple and sweet potato ... obviously not together :rofl:

What did you find went down well with your LO's?

apples, sweet potatoes, carrots... you would be surprised she might like them together :rofl:

apple and sweet potato's gorgeous!! so's pear and sweet potato!!

i tried katie on sweet potato first. HV advised me not to give her fruit for a while cos they get used to the sweet taste and dont want savoury. i think we tried parsnip second, but thats really sweet, so i dunno!!

apples and pears mix really well with root veggies tho!!

apple and sweet potato's gorgeous!! so's pear and sweet potato!!

i tried katie on sweet potato first. HV advised me not to give her fruit for a while cos they get used to the sweet taste and dont want savoury. i think we tried parsnip second, but thats really sweet, so i dunno!!

apples and pears mix really well with root veggies tho!!

sweet potato, carot, parsnip, courgette, butternut squash, cauliflour (with or without a cheese sauce). Lexies favs are carot and parsnip together and the courgette and parsnip.x
I was told the same about not to do the sweet until they were established on the savoury.

That was my theory on doing a sweet and a savoury each time i introduce new things, so she doesnt get used to just having sweet

apple pear baby rice+milk
swede carrot and rice
spinach on its own
mashed potato
sweet potato

I gave applesauce first.

But after I gave mostly veggie... peas, pears, carrots, sweet potatoe and applesauce seemed to sit the best for her first foods.

I tried carrots, apples, mostly the easy frut and veggies at first.

Also for her first puree I mixed it with her baby cereal and for her second I had baby cereal in one bowl and apple puree in the other so it would all go down easier for her.

She was also having applesauce mixed with cereal at the beginning.

I did the orange veggies first........sweet potato, butternut squash, and than carrot

Some you might like to try:

* SAVOURY: sweet potato, carrot and parsnip; butternut squash and carrot; broccoli and sweet potato

* SWEET: apricot, pear, prune (recommended after Tristan got really constipated!)

Sometimes I thicken them up with some breastmilk and baby rice

i only just started hun but gave her baby rice first then carrot and baby rice tonight, she ate the lot, thinking of sticking with the veggies until the weekend, i got parsnip, potato, sweet potato, swede butternut squash for her to try and also apple and pea, i want to try banana but when its mashed up it makes me heave!!!

Lou
xxx

avocado and banana blend up pretty smoothly and Helena likes that.

We have just started too hun. May's fave so far is sweet potato, she wasn't keen on apple on its own but liked it mixed with pear. She liked swede which we tried today, but it gave her bad farts!!!!

We did carrot first then parsnip, then a mix of both. Then I got a bit over excited and we did avocado, leek, spinach, sweet potato and turnip. I only started giving fruit after about a month. We've only done banana and some grapes so far!

for breakfast this morning we are trying pear for the first time !

:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Pear is always a winner and it's easy to digest too. I wouldn't worry too much about this business of them getting used to sweet and not wanting savoury. Formula and breastmilk is sweet after all. x

I try to give a mix of fruit and veg but i agree with the idea to give them savoury first before fruit because jake is picky about his veg and only like sweet flavoured veg like carrot and sweet potato.

Wish i'd got him more used to the veg before introducing fruit.

Oh and he definately hates peas!! he does this gagging thing to try and get it out of his mouth, and he gaves me the most awful evil look as if to say what the hell did you give me this for! :rofl:

apples, pears, sweet potato, carrots and parsnips = all went down great with maddi :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->