First RE appointment on Friday, very short luteal phase

starluck

Reaction score
Hi all :flower:

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate forum for someone who is just starting a process with a RE, so please let me know if this isn't the right place :)

I've always had a 'feeling' that it would take us on the longer side to conceive although most of my friends thought it would happen on our honeymoon since I am a health nut (but I do indulge! I've actually gained about 10 pounds since starting TTC - I think due to the anxiety about it all/no pressure to fit into a dress anymore :) ).

My husband and I have been together for 10 years and were just married on May 31st :) We started TTC on the honeymoon (I was on CD 7 the day we were married). I've been off birth control for about 4 years (we were using condoms since - never again hahah). I started charting and noticed that my luteal phase is verrrry short - 6/7 days. I called my dr. who referred me to a RE and I have my first appointment on Friday.

I have such mixed emotions. I'm sad that we have to go this route because something is wrong with my body (although we do not know how things are on his side). At the same time I am happy to be moving toward finding out what's wrong/fixing whatever it is. Some people think I'm a little wacky to be seeing a RE this early at 30 years old, but my reasoning is why would I keep trying month after month with such a short LP? What if we are actually fertilizing eggs and they are being lost? I don't feel right waiting more time.

Has anyone here had such a short LP and had success?

What should I expect for my first appointment? Should I plan to take a half day at work (my appointment is at 9:30 am)? They said the appointment would take 1-2 hours, but I might be emotional, so wondering if I should plan to take a half day so I can collect myself before heading into work.

Hi there,
I stumbled across your thread when searching about luteal phase.
Can see you're now pregnant congratulations :)
Can i ask how you got your BFP with your short LP? :) X

Same, just seen this. I have a short luteal phase too, how did you get pregnant?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->