• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

First Real Appt.

ForbearingLuv

Reaction score
Everyone tell me what happens!!!

I wanna hear like EVERYONES story on their first appt.

It's Ultrasound time!!

Tomorrow is making me scared!!

I'm 9 weeks today!

I went when I was right at 6w & they did an internal ultrasound. Saw the gestational sac but nothing else. I'm 8w2d now & go back tomorrow for another ultrasound, which I'm assuming will also be internal. My first appointment was very brief... I peed in a cup. Asked the dr my list of questions. He answered them, did the ultrasound & that was about it. He couldn't give me an "exact' due date since we couldn't find the baby to measure it. He said we should hear the heartbeat tomorrow.
Hope your scan goes well! Keep me posted!

-P

For me my first appt was nothing special. Just spoke with the dr a little then he rs me for an ultrasound for two weeks later.... When the time came for that appt (I was 7.5 weeks) I was a nervous wreck.. I was so scared and nervous.. but all turned out well. I bet it will for you too and you are going to feel so relieved and happy. Keep us posted. :)

With my last pregnancy, my first apt I peed in a cup, had us, doc did a pap then I asked him questions. This was 8 week apt.

That's how my first first appt was. Peed in a cup but didn't get a ultrasound.
now its time for my real first appt lol

i'm sure tomorrow mine will be internal and im a nervous Nancy right now!

i am so excited...good or bad...this whole thing has made me realize its a beautiful thing to become pregnant.

i am scared of bad outcomes...i keep having dreams of the baby not having a heart beat or the baby having a to slow of a heart beat...scares me so much. im going into thinking + and if anyone knows me in real life im such a - thinker no matter what.

i told a close friend i didn't even know if anything was actually happening in there and she said not to say things like that...but im thinking real here..i don't wanna go into this thinking once you're pregnant everything is fine right after that...because in real life...that's not always the case...
ive read/heard and witnessed some sad stories that have happened to real ppl...

i couldn't bring myself to go into that office tomorrow thinking no matter what nothing like that could happen to me.

I remember the night before my first u/s... I felt the same way as you are.. I couldn't sleep I was so nervous. I am sure all will turn out perfect for you.

Feeling that way is normal! It is terrifying tll you see that hb. Chances are in your favor though and although things can turn out bad, the percentage is wy way lower.

Well no ultrasound for me still. Not till im 12 weeks :growlmad:
but i did go to a new office so maybe i should have expected that but the old office was gonna do one so i just got confused on why the new office wouldn't which made me pretty upset.

so i still dont know whats going on in there but i feel better about my chances of everything being okay. and if anything the baby will be way bigger that day than today!

also does being pregnant make your cervix higher? and hidden? she did a pap and cultures on me today and could NOT..i mean could NOT find my cervix and i feel pretty beat up down there now lol

she did end up finding it but ive never had problems with doc.s being able to find my cervix like today. she said it was very hidden and couldnt even really reach my cervix while she did the fingers in and pushing on my stomach..i am a bigger girl. very plus size lol but she said she coudlnt feel my uterus either when pushing but just a few months ago i got my ovaries check when i got put on clomid...so im pretty confused...wouldnt uterus and ovaries pretty much be the same to find and i mean my uterus i pretty much doubled in size by now, right?!?

it made me pretty worry about my cervix and uterus today. now im spotting which she said was her fault from my pap and is normal but jez i hurt and im very sore now. i meant to ask her that question about if being pregnant caused my cervix to be so high now but was to in thought and then listening to her speeches. im going to ask for sure next appt but just wanted to know if any one else had the same thing...

sorry for my book of a reply!!!! lol

My cervix was higher with my last pregnancy too! I haven't had my first apt yet this time, so we will see. Still have to wait a few weeks which sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"