First Response bfn... again.

Calcifer

Reaction score
Hi all - I'm new posting to this board but have read lots and lots of threads so am taking the plunge and jumping in. I hope I'm not jumping in in the wrong manner. I'm super disappointed today, it's our 4th cycle of actively TTC, we used Clearblue digital ovulation predictor with 4 days of smiley faces, Preseed... I don't temp chart but I'm throwing shitloads of money I don't even have at the problem. I had a feeling this month may be it as I had no PMS symptoms at all, just some tugs in the region of my uterus the past few days, very apparent veins on my hands and arms and very vivid dreams. I am 10dpo today and failed to wait for AF... :blush: I took a First Response test (not digital, the red line one) and it came back SO negative... snowy white, one red line pointing and laughing at me. Am just so down about it. Meanwhile, sis-in-law got pregnant first time - lovely! Anyone else out there ever see a First Response non digital fail to be as accurate as their marketing boasts? Cos according to their marketing team, I'm very much out this month... :nope: Thanks for taking the time to read!

Hello, well im in the same boat as you, i took a first response yesterday at approx 10dpo and it was horribly stark white. Iv tried today on a cheapy and i thought i saw something but think i was just wanting to see something. Im trying not to give up hope yet cos i mite hav implanted a little later and so might you and its just not showing yet.
I dont use ovulation sticks but im tempted to next monrh just so i can at least no exactly when i ovulate. Hope you end up with your bfp

Thanks for responding, I'm just sitting here bummed unable to concentrate on anything else :( have you been trying long? I know in the greater scheme of things 4 months is nothing but it's hard when everyone around seems to just conceive in a flash and people tell you to 'just relax'... I started using the ovulation kits because both DH and I just don't have the stamina for sex every two days throughout the month so it's best for us to know when to concentrate our efforts haha. We start about 4 days before ovulation and keep going 3 days after... then we take a rest.

Very exciting about cheapie faint result - maybe it's going to get stronger? I'm not going to test again I'll just let AF arrive and start again. Next cycle is last for 2014 as December we are not together. Fingers crossed for your BFP and a stronger result tomorrow!

No we lost our baby in august so waited 3 months so technically this is our first official month trying so im not expecting much. With my son it took 5 months trying and i used ov sticks and conceive plus but been trying to take a more relaxed approach (well as relaxed as i can)
Have you tried every other day on those days? Iv been told sometimes every other day lets the sperm get stronger.
Well make sure you let me know how you get on and i really hope it is your month. Don't let that test make you feel out. What day is af due?

Aw thanks for being so nice about it. My af is due Friday or Saturday, I sometimes vary by one day. I'm sorry to hear about the loss and it's wise to give your body some rest afterwards. Hey you sound like your approach to your first pregnancy is like mine haha. We try every two or three days from period end, then when i get the flashy smiley face on the Clearblue test we try every day for 4 days (includes 2 days of non-flashy smiley face) and then this time I gave it one extra day and then a two-day break and a last one for the road. Then we were exhausted and have taken a break haha! We're the worst... I'm afraid that if we do it every two days we will miss the egg as the first couple of cycles when I wasn't using OPKs, we did that and nothing happened...

Hi Calcifer. I understand where you are coming from. One feels so out of control of it, buying kits Etc to help speed up the process (sticks to pee on) is the only way to get some control back!!

I hope it's a lucky month for you!

I was reading that 30-40% of people conceive in month 1 (with timings bd). And 70% in 6 months. You've got a really good chance.

I'm on first cycle of TTC #2. The TWW is no better this time 'round. You'd have thought I would have learnt!

You're very kind, thank you Avid. Good to know that one doesn't learn haha! Yes it's about control I feel so lost, like I'm doing everything right but I'm still not hitting the mark... I have a bit of an achiever streak in me in every single thing I do in life, which is making me fight this instead of accepting that I may be a very normal, longer term TTCer... I have to just gear up for cycle #5 now and let nature take its course.

Don't despair just yet implantation can happen as late as 12dpo so hang in there

Yep, Calcifer. We are intelligent women; educated, jobs and able to run our lives successfully. Then suddenly for one of the (if not the most) important thing we are literally stranded with no idea what's going on. Of course we start symptom spotting, peeing on sticks!

I personally love a good old POAS. You just never know when it's going to be a BFP! When it was for me the first time, I was surprisingly calm, but it was a wonderful feeling. I hope it happens for you soon.

Ha, I guess that makes us a rare breed, Alibiz :)

Avid, I can't wait... I really hope it happens for me and that I'm not in the % that just can't... We're going to go for tests next month, me and OH, wish me luck. It would hit me really hard if I found out I had an issue...

You are definitely not out. HCG levels vary so much from woman to woman that you might not even show up a BFP on a HPT until after your missed period - whether it is a FRER or not. You are still very much in with a chance :)

Hi all - I'm new posting to this board but have read lots and lots of threads so am taking the plunge and jumping in. I hope I'm not jumping in in the wrong manner. I'm super disappointed today, it's our 4th cycle of actively TTC, we used Clearblue digital ovulation predictor with 4 days of smiley faces, Preseed... I don't temp chart but I'm throwing shitloads of money I don't even have at the problem. I had a feeling this month may be it as I had no PMS symptoms at all, just some tugs in the region of my uterus the past few days, very apparent veins on my hands and arms and very vivid dreams. I am 10dpo today and failed to wait for AF... :blush: I took a First Response test (not digital, the red line one) and it came back SO negative... snowy white, one red line pointing and laughing at me. Am just so down about it. Meanwhile, sis-in-law got pregnant first time - lovely! Anyone else out there ever see a First Response non digital fail to be as accurate as their marketing boasts? Cos according to their marketing team, I'm very much out this month... :nope: Thanks for taking the time to read!
Calcifer,

Has AF showed up yet? If not, you may still have a chance! I'm not exactly sure when I O'd (I could be as late as 13dpo or early as 7 dpo) but I am also getting stark white BFNs. I'm not counting myself out until I get that BFP or AF shows up. I bought some cheap tests and have been using them with FMU, everyday. I'm saving my expensive test for if I get a faint line on the cheap one.

Hi Buffyx, thanks for your kind words - I know HCG levels vary and that many tests would not be accurate this early, but the FRER are supposed to be super sensitive so I'm kind of leaning towards the fact that it might be right this time... it's a pity because we completed this cycle perfectly. Do you really think a FRER could be unable to pick up on me just yet? That would be awesome.

Hey Emchilada, I'm not expecting af before Friday earliest and Sunday latest - more likely Sunday as I ovulated late this cycle by about 2 days, maybe even 3 (so day 14-17)... so having thought about today, this would put me between 9DPO and 11DPO today, most likely 10... I can't cope with testing regularly with cheapies, that's why I bought the FRER, to get a clear answer and to move on... however that plan isn't working too well either, is it ;) Today's test was so white, not a hint of anything. Harsh. When are you expecting af?

aw bundle, grrr for you but at least you can focus on next month now. I'll probably see you there - I don't temp but I've been having tell-tale cramps. I'm not sure when she's supposed to arrive for me as I don't know if af is delayed if ovulation is delayed - but any time between tomorrow and Sunday. Let's keep our chins up!

Hi Buffyx, thanks for your kind words - I know HCG levels vary and that many tests would not be accurate this early, but the FRER are supposed to be super sensitive so I'm kind of leaning towards the fact that it might be right this time... it's a pity because we completed this cycle perfectly. Do you really think a FRER could be unable to pick up on me just yet? That would be awesome.

Hey Emchilada, I'm not expecting af before Friday earliest and Sunday latest - more likely Sunday as I ovulated late this cycle by about 2 days, maybe even 3 (so day 14-17)... so having thought about today, this would put me between 9DPO and 11DPO today, most likely 10... I can't cope with testing regularly with cheapies, that's why I bought the FRER, to get a clear answer and to move on... however that plan isn't working too well either, is it ;) Today's test was so white, not a hint of anything. Harsh. When are you expecting af?

You are for sure still in with a change. I used FRER at 11DPO and BFN. BFP at 16DPO.

Yeah on to next cycle on the up side my cycle is back to 29 days

Waah Buffyx, perhaps there is hope still... I should really not be obsessing so much over this but I've had really weird signs this month which is why I'm so nonplussed by the FRER. I've felt rotten this week - my boobs have not been sore at all this cycle (they have been killing me after o since we started TTC) but I've noticed blue veins that are never there usually popping up on the inside of my fingers/palms, underarms, face (?!) and boobs (though the boob veins have been seen before)... I've had strange sensations down there, have felt very tired, peeing and feeling thirsty... no metal taste in mouth however but my tea tasted funny... *sigh* of course none of those can be pregnancy signs yet seeing as the hormones aren't there to back this up. I cannot believe the tricks my body has started pulling on me... I used to have *silent* periods, they'd just creep up on me, no boob pain ever, nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->