First response pregnancy test day before period! please help me!

CuriousCelest

Reaction score
Hello you all, I am I am new here and I love reading these forums on here. Very informative on pregnancy and the female anatomy that I wasn't even aware of. However I am know where near ttc yet! I am a 23 year college to student with less than 5months until my college graduation and I had a fling with an 18 year old:wacko:. We had sex 3 times last month and one of the times was mistakenly on one of my fertile day. Which happened to be 4 days before ovulation. All the times we had sex we used protection from beginning to end! No breaks or LEAKS. What concerned me was 2 weeks before my period was due my breast started to become unusually sore. Not a symtopm for me when started my menustral the usual soreness would last for a minute than go, but this soreness was different!nipples were sore and breast! And it lasted for 2 weeks! I also had mild cramps which was in the back and lower stomach that comes and goes. If the symptoms are not pregnancy I think it to be hormone issues being that my body is still getting use to sex. I lost my virginity last year and then went celibate! I just started having sex again in May and my period that following month came in three days late and was the worse period ever due to hormones and sex for the first time in awhile! I took a pregnancy test which was a store brand test 5 days before missed period and got a negative. Took a first response today which is day before period and got a negative... How accurate is this test?? Also how likely is to get pregnant using a condom beginning to end??

FRERs, in my opinion, are the most accurate and should come up positive the day before your period is due. Please keep in mind, if you end up being late, that stress can cause a delay in your period.

If a condom is used properly, does not leak or break it's almost 100% effective but people make mistakes. It's rare but if you or your partner start to put he condom on the wrong way and flip it around there can be pre-ejaculation which can carry some sperm. If you start to put one on the wrong way just throw it out and get another.

I am sure you are fine.

Hi there didn't want to read and run so here's my opinion.

Condoms are 98% effective when used correctly, which sounds like you did so I wouldn't be too worried about pregnancy. Especially when a sensitive test is negative.

However there is always that 2% chance so I would test again 3-7 days past your period due date if it still hasn't arrived as some people can take longer to get HCG on there system (I'm one if those that took 3 days past period to show on a test).

You seem to understand that sex and your body can alter periods, also stress, exercise etc can contribute to missed or late periods. Try and relax and take those negatives to be true. If period doesn't show then take another to be sure, but sounds like your probably not pregnant.

Not sure if that was helpful for you but I hope you get the results your looking for hon. Also would advice you to look into an IUD or the pill whilst sexually active. Still use condoms for protection against STD's obviously but at least then your doubly protected :hugs:

Hey you guys! Thanks a lot for the reassurance and quick responses. I went to many pregnancy forums and got the most craziest responses! I am very nervous!because me and him is on had terms and he nor me is ready for a baby! I wish i would have thought twice about a going! :cry: becuse I would have never been worrying myself sick about pregnancy although a condom was used

Hey there! turns out condoms are as effective when used right and first response pregnancy test is accurate day before period or day of. I started my period yesterday. I guess I was freaking out for nothing lol.

Part of my freak out was reading about the stories of "condom babies" or "birth control pill babies". Now that I had experience..... I don't think people can get pregnant using condoms correctly and birth control correctly. They either lieing or taking parts out the story.

Also the pregnancy test stories of people not getti my positives until months later:coffee: Smh..... Now I truly some ppl stories were overboard

Well now that you have started your period, I want to play devil's advocate. My last pregnancy was when a spermicidal condom broke, I immediately showered and douche, and took Plan B the next day. Sooooooooo s**t happens.

But in my many scares and thousands of dollars on pregnancy tests, a frer the day before a period tends to be accurate. I'm glad things turned out the way you wanted them to. Hope to see you here stressing out with the rest of us when you are TTC (but hopefully only for one cycle)

Well now that you have started your period, I want to play devil's advocate. My last pregnancy was when a spermicidal condom broke, I immediately showered and douche, and took Plan B the next day. Sooooooooo s**t happens.

But in my many scares and thousands of dollars on pregnancy tests, a frer the day before a period tends to be accurate. I'm glad things turned out the way you wanted them to. Hope to see you here stressing out with the rest of us when you are TTC (but hopefully only for one cycle)

I've read that condoms with spermicide tends to break easily because of the chemicals in the spermicide tends to make the latex weaker. Yes! I thought my pregnancy scare was about to be a sh!t happens moment but the condom Never broke... I guess my nerves was getting to me because I had the idea I was pregnant way before I missed my period..... But my sore boobs heightened my thoughts to pregnancy even more.

I was also thinking about coming to this forum whenever I am ttc. Its like the only forum where everyone is super friendly and give great ideas! But I am planning on ttc in the next 2 years or so. I need a long time partner before I try anything! I am still in the search for one lol

Awww, yeah. Been there, bought that t-shirt. Yeah, I don't know what it is about other sites but they are mean out there! I have my snark moments when I'm post bfn after an exciting cycle.... but I just keep it to myself haha. Everyone here is so knowledgeable and friendly. :) there is also a waiting to try section if you're ever needing a pre-partner or pre-ttc vent

Awww, yeah. Been there, bought that t-shirt. Yeah, I don't know what it is about other sites but they are mean out there! I have my snark moments when I'm post bfn after an exciting cycle.... but I just keep it to myself haha. Everyone here is so knowledgeable and friendly. :) there is also a waiting to try section if you're ever needing a pre-partner or pre-ttc vent

LOL! Thanks a lot

Hey there! turns out condoms are as effective when used right and first response pregnancy test is accurate day before period or day of. I started my period yesterday. I guess I was freaking out for nothing lol.

Part of my freak out was reading about the stories of "condom babies" or "birth control pill babies". Now that I had experience..... I don't think people can get pregnant using condoms correctly and birth control correctly. They either lieing or taking parts out the story.

Also the pregnancy test stories of people not getti my positives until months later:coffee: Smh..... Now I truly some ppl stories were overboard

First, I am glad you got AF. You must be relieved.

I was a reproductive health counselor for years and yes, people do get pregnant when using these methods correctly so the best option is to use both a medicinal birth control such as the pill and a condom. Plus, condoms are the only thing that will prevent the spread of STIs (not all STIs but a lot).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->