First Response question!! Help!

Kristin.K

Reaction score
Hello! I should be 8 weeks pregnant today (my first ultra sound is today). I took a pregnancy test a week ago and the control line was faint. I took one this morning (I'm paranoid) and the control line was darker than the pregnancy line! The pregnancy line was NOT faint (just not as dark like before)... It was clear, but now I'm freaking out because everyone says a darker pregnancy line is better. Does this mean my hcg levels are dropping?!?

Not at all that is normal. It's called the 'hook' effect. Meaning once you start producing so much HCG the tests can't handle it. I suggest stop taking tests and just wait for your apt. We pregnant ladies like to stress ourselves for no reason.

If you are 8 weeks then it will be the hook effect your hcg is too high for test to handle. I was 8 weeks when I found out with DS and the test line was faint. This time I found out earlier at 4ish weeks and stopped testing at 20 dpo when the test line was darker than control line

Hook effect for sure....if you test in another week you will probably have a BFN...if you want evidence, test when you are 22 weeks and you will get a BFN.

You darkest lines should be from Week 5 to Week 7 at max.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->