• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

First response/test question. LTTC and nervous!

Ltruns33

Reaction score
We've been trying for almost two years- so, I've never had even a hint of a positive. According to my cycle (26-28dsys) I should've started Tuesday (earliest) and Thursday (latest). I've never had more than a 28 day cycle in the past 2 years. Im fully fertile/normal. Hubby has a slight sperm count issue. That's our background, now here's my question:

I haven't had any sign of af (none if the usual spotting, cramping bloating etc). So I realized yesterday I could be late. I took a test thus morning. Within a few minutes it's turned up a slightly lighter pink line. But def there. No squinting involved. I never thought I'd ever see anything. Should I take another test to confirm? My test instructions (first response) said if theres any type of line even if its not even with the control line- that its a positive test. There is definitely a line. I called my dr and left a message today. I'm waiting to hear what they say. What are the chances of false positive? I still haven't started. What can I do to help it be a healthy first few weeks in case it is a pregnancy?

We've been waiting, crying, trying, praying for this I can't hardly believe it could be true.

Bfp!! A line is a line. Congrats! My first frer test had a proper squinter, so bad I thought it was in my head had to et oh to check it lol. Keep us posed on how it goes with the doc. Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months :flower:

omg the same thing happend to me... i took 2 test in one day and i got positives... i could not belive it. so the nest day i took another one and it was also a positve!!! i gues A POSITIVE IS A POSITIVE its a hormone only found in pregnant woman... i still cant belive it im actually having a scan on the 31 and im scare it might be empty!!! CONGRATS!!!

Popping over from second tri-mester. Hope you don't mind :)

A faint positive is REALLY rare - unless you have some sort of issue that is extremely rare in itself. I'd either go to the doctor, or wait a few days & test again :). When I got my positive, I couldn't believe my eyes. So I made an appointment to confirm, AND I re-tested. :dohh: if you are indeed pregnant, I'd start taking pre-Natals right away, especially if your diet is lacking. You need a lot of folic acid at this point as your baby's fetal pole is forming :)

A faint positive is REALLY rare - unless you have some sort of issue that is extremely rare in itself. I'd either go to the doctor, or wait a few days & test again :). When I got my positive, I couldn't believe my eyes. So I made an appointment to confirm, AND I re-tested. :dohh: if you are indeed pregnant, I'd start taking pre-Natals right away, especially if your diet is lacking. You need a lot of folic acid at this point as your baby's fetal pole is forming :)

I think you mean a false positive is rare , hun. not a faint positive lol. I was so confused at first until I figured out what you meant :)

And to the Poster . Congratulations! I'm hoping for a happy pregnancy for you. You are definitely pregnant . Keep your faith in God. Everything will be ok :)

Sounds promising! I would retest and see if u get the same sort of result! Good luck to you! X x c

good luck.....I didn't like first response tests....superdrug cheapies and boots cheapies (about £5 for pack of two) brought up a very strong lines for me (and not even with FMU) whereas first response had differing lines and got me all paranoid...id go and buy a couple more cheapies today and test again even if its not your FMU...fingers crossed for you...xxx

I took a FRER, and the line was soo faint! But was definitely a positive as here I am, 24 weeks pregnant :D I say positive! If its pink, came up in the time period and you can clearly see it!! False positives almost NEVER happen xx

Congrats!!

I never got hardly anything from FRER. I got a very faint line with my DD, even past my period due date.

If you can, I'd recommend waiting a few days and using a CB Digi (although if your period is late, your levels may be high enough to be detected).

I still haven't had any cramps or sign of AF, so I'm feeling pretty good about it now. I don't have any tests at home..what do y'all think about retesting today (Friday) in the afternoon? I would've really liked fmu, but my tests are out :(

Oh, and now that I have had a positive test, any suggestions for keeping it that way? I am already basically healthy, no smoking drinking etc and I take vitamins. I am a runner, but I have been keeping things really light this month (1-2 miles etc) and won't be doing much now, just to be safe.

Sounds like a positive to me! I think they say to wait a day in between before testing again? Blood tests will also confirm the pregnancy. As for staying healthy, it sounds like you're doing everything right. Unfortunately the rest is out of your hands. Best of luck and congrats to you. Fingers crossed this one sticks!

Make sure you are taking folic acid and get plenty of rest :) congratulations my lines were beyond faint before i was due on the normal darkness x

Yep--take prenatals, no cold cut meats, take it easy hon. Oh, if you haven't yet, I'd read the list of foods to avoid. No ibuprofen or aspirin unless prescribed a low dose. Most of all, CONGRATULATIONS!

Oh and no antihistamine or decongestants! If you get sick from now you've got to just suck it up . . . :)

Thanks everyone! Blood test today bc I need validation like that.

Its nice to be reassured! I took about 9 tests with both of mine :/

Congrats. It is up to you if u want to test again... I tested at 9DPO and got a BFP on a FRER I continued to test up until AF was late.. Just because I couldn't believe I was getting a BFP at only 9DPO. Never hurts to test a couple times. Good luck

I think you mean a false positive is rare , hun. not a faint positive lol. I was so confused at first until I figured out what you meant :)

And to the Poster . Congratulations! I'm hoping for a happy pregnancy for you. You are definitely pregnant . Keep your faith in God. Everything will be ok :)

:dohh: That's exactly what I meant. I was posting at 1 AM lol. Obviously I can't function at 1 AM!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"