First response/test question. LTTC and nervous!

Congratulations!! xxx

I'm just doing the best I can for my little bean by taking my vitamins every day, slightly lighter exercise than normal, eating lots of fresh fruit, veg and fish and I've cut right down on caffeine and artificial sweeteners

Congrats! I was in the same boat as you. Tried almost two years without even a hint of a positive. Finally got my BFP last week. Just start taking prenatal vitamins with folic acid and red up in what food to avoid.

Thanks everyone. I'm pretty excited, of course cautiously. Got a blood test today, definitely pregnant- but my levels are low..hopefully bc I miscalculated when I ovulated or my last menstrual cycles. Plus I'm only late by one day. Anyone else have any hcg levels advice? I'm going in for my second blood test Monday. I thought ttc caused questions, looks like everything else just brings more questions!

Thanks everyone. I'm pretty excited, of course cautiously. Got a blood test today, definitely pregnant- but my levels are low..hopefully bc I miscalculated when I ovulated or my last menstrual cycles. Plus I'm only late by one day. Anyone else have any hcg levels advice? I'm going in for my second blood test Monday. I thought ttc caused questions, looks like everything else just brings more questions!

What were your levels and how many DPO are you?

Congrats! I was in the same boat as you. Tried almost two years without even a hint of a positive. Finally got my BFP last week. Just start taking prenatal vitamins with folic acid and red up in what food to avoid.

So happy for your bfp. I love hearing about LTTC'ers finally having success. It's such a hard journey!

They didn't tell me a number! Eek I should've asked. But, I also don't know when I ovulated bc we were just doing it every other day, no charts, opks or anything...actually had a marathon planned in 4 weeks and breast augmentation planned after that. So this is a pleasant and long awaited/prayed/unexpected gift!

My last period was either 7/24 -7/26th but I usually ovulate kinda late like cd16.

They didn't tell me a number! Eek I should've asked. But, I also don't know when I ovulated bc we were just doing it every other day, no charts, opks or anything...actually had a marathon planned in 4 weeks and breast augmentation planned after that. So this is a pleasant and long awaited/prayed/unexpected gift!

My last period was either 7/24 -7/26th but I usually ovulate kinda late like cd16.

So using the 26th. You're only about 12dpo. I would expect the # to be low but without knowing how low you can only guess. The only real important thing is that that the numbers double every 48 hours in early pregnancy.

Day after my period was due my HCG was only at 87! They told me it wasn't viable, I had a scan and the sac was empty.. Nope she's booting my bladder as we speak :) wouldn't worry too much about levels after that haha x

Oh, and now that I have had a positive test, any suggestions for keeping it that way? I am already basically healthy, no smoking drinking etc and I take vitamins. I am a runner, but I have been keeping things really light this month (1-2 miles etc) and won't be doing much now, just to be safe.

Chemicals are usually due to severe chromosomal problems and in most cases, there's very little you can do to prevent them.

Congrats! :happydance:

My only advice regarding hcg levels and so on, is if it isn't necessary (ie you don't have cause to worry) then don't get them done. I say this because part of being pg is really letting go of control and, hopefully, managing to enjoy the ride :) medicine is wonderful but curiosity can turn into obsession x

My only advice regarding hcg levels and so on, is if it isn't necessary (ie you don't have cause to worry) then don't get them done. I say this because part of being pg is really letting go of control and, hopefully, managing to enjoy the ride :) medicine is wonderful but curiosity can turn into obsession x

That's the best advice thank you for putting it in perspective!

Well, we miscarried. Went to the ER last night and confirmed it. Thanks for all the encouragement and advice. Maybe I'll pop back into this section of b&b again one day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->