First Round Clomid - Advice??

MsAC

Reaction score
TTC # 1 for 9 months, no chems, no miscarriages, no faints or bfp. One frustrating evap, with very long ovulation cycles that either don't happen at all or too slowly to hit.

Starting my first round tomorrow day 5-9.

I'm hopeful, I have two refills before having to go back to my Dr.

No trigger shot. 50 mg.

Prenatals are kicking my butt, super nauseous every day, and breast pain. So "excited" for the side effects of clomid.

Any advice to give to a first timer? I plan on taking both pills everyday at the same time, with food. Then ovulation testing until getting a positive opk, and then doing the baby dance every day/ every other day for 3/4 days.

Then waiting for two weeks.

The directions are vague on the bottle. So I'm guessing both pills at the same time.

Any support, help, or suggestions welcome. <3

Join the Clomid Buddies thread.

Basically, Clomid can make you feel like rubbish. Some people are fine on it. I had no side effects on 50mg but it didn't make me ovulate. On 100mg I had a lot more side effects but they were bearable.

Drink lots of water because Clomid can dry out your CM.

Are your pills 25mg each? Definitely take the full dose together at the same time each day. I take mine at dinner. Don't take it at dinner one day and breakfast the next. It needs to be the same the whole cycle.

Definitely join the Clomid Buddies thread just below yours :)

Welcome! Everyone seems to react very differently.

My RE and the pharmacist suggested taking it at night- with your meal or a snack, so that the "main" side effects are overnight and you are less likely to notice them. I adhered to this, and haven't found myself with any horribly unpleasant side effects. It has been totally tolerable.

I don't know what your dose is- but if there is any question for that you should definitely call your doctor.

Oh and like Sarah said- it can dry you out. Lots of water didn't seem to help my CM situation so we use preseed.

Thank you you ladies so much!

I'll look into joining the clomid buddies thread.

I'll be taking mine in the morning, as I work at night.

1 pill is 50mg, so it looks like I'm on 100mg a day.

I'll be sure to drink lots of fluids, but I also have preseed if needed.

Here is hoping the first round is all I need. FX. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->