First round of Clomid... anyone else? : Update BFN on to round 2

So I am onto cycle 2 of comid. My Dr. doubled the dosage and I am going to take it cycle day 3-7. I am curious to see how the change in dosage will effect the symptoms and O day.
This is so stressful!
Good luck all :dust:

Thanks for the support. As of right now I am so depressed and discouraged, I'm not sure if I want to do another cycle of clomid. I don't think it's going to help because my cycles are regular. My DH has the problems and needs to get his stuff taken care of or else we will never get pg. I'm not supposed to start AF till tomorrow and am SO emotional right now, I'm ready to just give up. I can't handle month after month of disappointments. It's been 2 yrs ttc and I'm almost 35. I'm so discouraged!

Hiya ladies I need some advice, I just took my last clomid taken cd 2 til 6 and today my lower back really hurts like where my kidneys should be, ive bad lower back anyway but its more intense, could the estrogen be making my body more sensitive and therefore more painful? Or do clomid give u a bad back anyway

Thanks for the support. As of right now I am so depressed and discouraged, I'm not sure if I want to do another cycle of clomid. I don't think it's going to help because my cycles are regular. My DH has the problems and needs to get his stuff taken care of or else we will never get pg. I'm not supposed to start AF till tomorrow and am SO emotional right now, I'm ready to just give up. I can't handle month after month of disappointments. It's been 2 yrs ttc and I'm almost 35. I'm so discouraged!

Hi MommaK5! when I read your post it was as if I wrote it myself! After 1 year TTC, 3 rounds of Clomid/Femara/Clomid, I just found out today I also have PCOS. Im 32 btw. Im shocked that no doctor ever mentioned this before! To top it off, DH has some issues too and won't even take his daily supplements to try and help out a little. I'm so frustrated, disappointed, sad, and emotional...

But, I guess we both need to try and stay positive because stress will just be one more thing to work against us... I hope things turn around for you, for both of us. :dust:

I know the feeling :hugs:I wish it wasn't so stressful and the meds dont help they make us even more emotional :cry: when af arrived this time I cried so much I was soo hoping the clomid would work! I am so happy I found these message boards as its much easier to deal with this when there are others that understand although in a perfect world none of us would have to go through this:nope:
The truth I have found after 8years of ttc, it never gets easier, every other bfp I hear about makes me really sad and I try to figure out why it wasn't me but I don't have that answer. I do know I will try my hardest to NOT let infertility define me.

Hi Ladies :wave: Mind if I join in?

I am doing an unmonitored round of femara. I'll be taking my 2nd pill (of 5) tonight. I like to take then shortly before bed in an attempt to avoid side effects.

Welcome! Good like with your medicated cycle, keep us posted.

So I am onto cycle 2 of comid. My Dr. doubled the dosage and I am going to take it cycle day 3-7. I am curious to see how the change in dosage will effect the symptoms and O day.
This is so stressful!
Good luck all :dust:

I know it can be stressful :( But hey, it is a new cycle and it comes with new hope. My best wishes :hugs:

I am so sorry you are feeling this way :cry: TTC can be a very difficult and challenging journey. I am 38 and I understand you feel pressed by time. Are you really ready to give up? If you truly are, there might be other alternatives. If not, we are here to help each other :hugs: Can your husband do anything about his issues? Improve his lifestyle? :hugs: :hugs::hugs:

Hiya ladies I need some advice, I just took my last clomid taken cd 2 til 6 and today my lower back really hurts like where my kidneys should be, ive bad lower back anyway but its more intense, could the estrogen be making my body more sensitive and therefore more painful? Or do clomid give u a bad back anyway

sorry I cannot be of any help. But I did notice a few changes this cycle. Certainly due to clomid. BTW my ovulation was really quite painful....

Hi MommaK5! when I read your post it was as if I wrote it myself! After 1 year TTC, 3 rounds of Clomid/Femara/Clomid, I just found out today I also have PCOS. Im 32 btw. Im shocked that no doctor ever mentioned this before! To top it off, DH has some issues too and won't even take his daily supplements to try and help out a little. I'm so frustrated, disappointed, sad, and emotional...

But, I guess we both need to try and stay positive because stress will just be one more thing to work against us... I hope things turn around for you, for both of us. :dust:

Stay strong ladies! It is difficult but we can do it :hugs:

I know the feeling :hugs:I wish it wasn't so stressful and the meds dont help they make us even more emotional :cry: when af arrived this time I cried so much I was soo hoping the clomid would work! I am so happy I found these message boards as its much easier to deal with this when there are others that understand although in a perfect world none of us would have to go through this:nope:
The truth I have found after 8years of ttc, it never gets easier, every other bfp I hear about makes me really sad and I try to figure out why it wasn't me but I don't have that answer. I do know I will try my hardest to NOT let infertility define me.

Somedaymaybe1, 8 yrs is a LONG time! I'm SO sorry! :hugs:
Have you tried IUI or any other procedure?
Some days I want to give up and then I see these little babies in others arms and think, "I still want one more!" I feel it in my heart I'm supposed to have one more. My "baby" is 7 and I feel I've forgotten all of it. I LOVED being pregnant! I just hope my DH numbers increase so the CLomid will increase our chances. I guess I should try at least one more round of it.
I'm on DPO 14 and still no AF (BFN yesterday). But I also don't have any symptoms. I'm emotionally better today, but I hate to have these emotional rollercoasters every month!

Yes, I think it's the hormones, bc when I don't ov no back pain. Otherwise, I wake up w serious back pain days of ov and days before SF. This is my first round of clomid, and the pain was intense while taking it and again now on day 12.

But, if it hurts to urinate, make sure to see a doc! And if you feel weird about it, call you fs!

We just found out my DH #'s and he has an extremely low sperm count and no motility. I'm at a loss. We can't afford IVF. I'm starting to think we're not going to get pregnant. :'(
I don't think a second round of Clomid will help our situation. I'm lost..

We just found out my DH #'s and he has an extremely low sperm count and no motility. I'm at a loss. We can't afford IVF. I'm starting to think we're not going to get pregnant. :'(
I don't think a second round of Clomid will help our situation. I'm lost..

Hi Mommak5, Im sorry to hear that. DONT GIVE UP! What were DHs actual numbers for count, motility and morphology? Is everything ok with you?

Here are your options:
1) lifestyle choices have a huuuuge impact in sperm production. Make sure DH is exercising, not wearing tight clothes, not going into hot tubs, not being around harsh chemicals, not drinking alcohol or coffee.. add some supplements too.. they may not be proven to work, but it wont hurt!

My cousin's DH had stomach reduction surgery and that results in infertility... there were 300 sperm total count, no kidding. In 1 month of no alcohol or coffee she said his numbers had gone up to 300,000... which is not enough but it was a a huge improvement!

2) move to a state where IVF is covered by mandate... here in Hawaii it is! Im probably doing IVF next month

3) there are IVF clinical trials you can participate and you will pay nothing. Check out clinicaltrials.gov, its official! I was just researching about this a little bit ago

4) there are clinics that will charge you a nominal fee or do it for free if you donate the unused eggs to them. Normally they would pay a woman a lot of money to get her eggs... so its a win win for clinic and patient

GOOD LUCK GIRL! :dust:

Hey everyone, I have been trying not to stress as much this cycle - Ha!
I had my annual exam yesterday and my DR said if this round doesnt work she suggests that we try an IUI. I am really hoping it doesn't get to that because, we do not have the money for the procedures and they are not covered by our insurance (eventhough it is a law in NJ to cover Infertility/Fertility treatments) because DH works for a big Corporation they can have their "own rules and don't have to follow state laws" at least that is what I was told when I called the company.
I finished taking round 2 (cd3-7 )of clomd 2 days ago so far I am only experiencing hot flashes nothing terrible. My Dr. said eveything looks good. I used an opk this morning and it was pretty dark so I am guessing I will O sooner than last month.
How is eveyone else doing?

Just be careful my dr warned me if u take opks soon after taking tje clomid u can get a false positive id keep testing even if u get a positive soon just incase.
I got my first positive opk in 14 months! First month on clomid im excited to see if it works!

:dust:
Just be careful my dr warned me if u take opks soon after taking tje clomid u can get a false positive id keep testing even if u get a positive soon just incase.
I got my first positive opk in 14 months! First month on clomid im excited to see if it works!

Thanks! I tested all month last cycle to make sure i knew my O day :haha: :)
Good luck
:dust:

Well ladies, after 7 months of clomid. 6 on 50mg and one on 100mg. I am finally 5 weeks two days pregnant. Lots of time and patience paid off.

I apologize if I am in thee wrong area for this topic, but I am brand new to baby bump.

I was just curious if anyone has use the CBfM with clomid? I am on month 2. Month one I toook the clomid cd 5-9, as directed by doctor. I got peaks on days 15 and 16. This month (month 2), I had highs from cd 6-25, and today, cd 26, I finally went back down to low. I did have 2 blue lines on the CBfM test stick on days 14 and 15 this month, but never peaked. I felt decent cramping in my ovary areas during this time. Did I ovulate? Is it possible I'm pregnant? I don't "feel" pregnant, only have sore breasts. With my four year old boy I was very sick, and had morning sickness with myth pregnancy from last year (miscarried at 7 weeks). I am starting to lose hope. It tought that the clomid was going to be my answer, but now I'm feeling dejected

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->