First round of clomid :/

Cathy85

Reaction score
So, after having irregular cycles all my life (average 43 days) my doctor said she wants to try me on clomid cause she doesn't think im ovulating. Ill start in another week or so, after AF shows up (not real hopeful that she wont). I go in for an ultrasound on cycle day 1 then she said I can start the pill on cycle day 3. I am pretty nervous though. Im worried it wont work and Im nervous about all the potential side effects. Any advice or encouragement would be greatly appreciated !

Hi Cathy85,
Just wanted to say I have had my first round of clomid on my last cycle. I am just now starting my next cycle; I have had irregular cycles too ranging from 30-40 days. My doctor told me that I am ovulating, just not as regularly as would be best. So she put me on 100mg of clomid from days 2-6. I have to say that considering the majority of women have some sort of negative experience on clomid the first time round, I was terrified to say the least. Yes the side effects are a little scary- but I think its just being sensible. First of all, my experience was not pleasant- I had terrible bloating and intestinal spasms (i suppose very much like someone who has bad IBS?) as a result I just didnt want to eat or put anything in my body in case it hurt any more. My OH is a doctor, so he gave me buscopan for the spasms and immodium as I had the runs (sorry for tmi). But that was all I experienced- oh and moodiness and being very weepy and angry lol. it would just bubble out. in fact my mum said I was acting like a pregnant woman- which kind of makes sense when you think about it. Youre interfering with your hormones and thats what makes us go a little nuts when we're either on, preg on going through menopause right? The symptoms lasted for about three days and then stopped when I finished my tablets. The good news is that I got my surge just before day 14 and Ive just had a perfect 28 day cycle. So Im assuming I have ovulated- I hope! I think Ive had one 28 day cycle in my whole life. So the sensible bit, is just do as the doc said- watch out for any consistent lower/upper ab pain and go straight to a&e if something obv feels very wrong. If my husband wasnt a doc, I probably would have gone to a&e just to be safe in all honesty. But I experienced no lower ab pain- and when I did get the pain it was definitely my stomach muscles spasming. I also got a headache, just bordering on migraine but I was able to handle it. Apparently there are more often than not, some side effects that you cant get away from- its just the serious ones you have to look out for and take immediate action on. I hope Ive given a balanced view, and wish you lots of luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->