First scan...and question :)

Sweetpea1010

Reaction score
Had my first scan today!! :cloud9: Baby measured at 8 weeks and three days and I got to hear the amazing heartbeat. The doctor said I had a tiny bit of fluid build up so not to worry if I see some spotting, if any. Apparently is could have been blood left over from implantation bleeding that never made its way out. Has anyone else had this but never had spotting? I haven't had any so far.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 44
Look at that little bub! So sweet :)

I had a subchorionic hematoma that showed up at my 7w scan that the doc said was basically implantation bleeding. Some blood that pooled between the wall of the uterus and the gestational sac. Usually, as these things resolve themselves, some of that blood may come out as spotting.

Thanks! Have you had any spotting yet or since that scan?

I've had spotting (brown) off and on since week 5 (I'm in week 8 now, have a scan in two days and hoping for good news!).

Doc said just to take it easy -- no lifting, no sex, no sports, etc. I've noticed that I get spotting if I do anything minimally straining, like carrying a bag of groceries.

Thanks! Have you had any spotting yet or since that scan?

I've had spotting (brown) off and on since week 5 (I'm in week 8 now, have a scan in two days and hoping for good news!).

Doc said just to take it easy -- no lifting, no sex, no sports, etc. I've noticed that I get spotting if I do anything minimally straining, like carrying a bag of groceries.

My Doc didn't mention taking it easy (good to know), but fortunately I already do that! I haven't had any spotting at all since I got my BFP, not even after sex or a pap. I thought for sure I would have seen some spotting by now. I hope it will just re-absorb. It's so small that I can barely see it, and my Doc didn't seem the least bit concerned. Good luck at your scan! Let me know how it goes!!

Great pic! Did they tell you the heart rate? I had that with my last pregnancy audit just reabsorbed. I I'd have spotting after the pap though.

Great pic! Did they tell you the heart rate? I had that with my last pregnancy audit just reabsorbed. I I'd have spotting after the pap though.

Thanks! Good to know it reabsorbed, I'm really thinking that will be the case with me since I haven't had any spotting this far. The heart rate is 172 :) Which apparently is great for a little over 8 weeks. I didn't realize I would be able to see the heart flicker so well, or hear the heartbeat so clearly. It was amazing!

That's a gret heart rate! We go on Friday, hoping for a gret heart rate too! With my daughter her rate was always in the 160-170s.

Little peanut is measuring right on and had a hb of 162!!! So relieved and happy all is well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->