first scan BPM 89? **** update second scan****

Cherryb89

Reaction score
I went for my first scan yesterday. It was my 7 week scan but I measured 6w 1d. I know i am further along as I had an ultrasound on day 17 of my cycle so I had already ovulated. So at the very least I think i will be 6w 4d
The tech said everything is as it shouls be. The baby measured 4.7mm and the heartbeart was 89bpm. I have been freaking out for 24 hours now thinkings that its too low to be that far along!
Any advice ladies on measuring earlier or low bpm?

I went for my first scan yesterday. It was my 7 week scan but I measured 6w 1d. I know i am further along as I had an ultrasound on day 17 of my cycle so I had already ovulated. So at the very least I think i will be 6w 4d
The tech said everything is as it shouls be. The baby measured 4.7mm and the heartbeart was 89bpm. I have been freaking out for 24 hours now thinkings that its too low to be that far along!
Any advice ladies on measuring earlier or low bpm?

i'm not sure.. i had an ultrasound with my first baby at 6 weeks 3 days and heart rate was 133... ultrasound with my second at 5 weeks 6 days and 135.. it seems a bit low but maybe it was a late implanter and the heart only started beating recently?

My pregnancy app says that this week the heart starts beating at 80 bpm and slowly increases. But everything else I have read indicated that alot of other mothers had a higher bpm at this stage!

I've heard both. I've heard that by 6 weeks a healthy heartbeat should be at least 90 bpm (of which yours would be really close to that) and then a minimum of 120 bpm at 7 weeks. According to this website: https://www.countdownmypregnancy.com/pregnancy/heartbeat.php the heartbeat starts at about 80-85 bpm at 5 weeks and gradually increases, but then it says that sometimes at 6 weeks you can't even get a heartbeat reading, only see a flicker of a heartbeat on the screen. If I were you - and if you haven't already - I'd request another scan in a week or so. Tell them that you're really worried and just want peace of mind. Usually they'll consent. It could just be that your baby is a late bloomer but usually they catch up after about a week or two.

I've definitely heard positive outcomes from low heart rate, but two of my cousins have had babies with low heart rates & it didn't end so positively for them.

As for me, my last baby had a heart rate of 135 at 6+4.

I'm sorry I can't give you much advice, but I'm really hoping for you x

I'd ask for another scan in a week or two also just for peace of mind. When I got my first scan at 7 weeks the hb was low at 118. They said it was normal but Google said different. I got another scan at 9 weeks and it had gone up to 160. So they do get faster.

My doctor's office doesn't measure the heart rate and doesn't date when you're that early on. They want to see the baby and the heartbeat - that's all. They measured the heartbeat for the first time at 10+6 and only said "it's perfect, right where it should be." I do believe early measurements and early readings can be wrong and cause unnecessary stress. I agree with others about asking for a second scan for your peace of mind.

Wish i could give better advice but my last mc my 6 week 5 day (further than you though so could be way different results) scan our heart beat was only 89 and our doc told us it wouldn't live. next week scan no heart beat.

This pregnancy at 5 week 6 days heart beat of 120. 8 weeks 5 days of 180. next scan in a week just to be sure. I hope everything goes well for you and you baby just needs a little extra time to get moving.

Thank you everyone. I have an appointment in the morning with my doctor to discuss the results ,and I will be requesting another ultrasound! I am very nervous because I've been on clomid for 6 months after trying for a year and a half.. i dont want to loose baby and wait another year to conceive ��

Good luck! Let us know how it goes sweetie. FX!

I have a scan in another 5 weeks. The doctor wasnt concernes and said at this early stage it's good just to see a heartbeat and the bpm isnt as much of a concern. She said everything else is looking great.

I was either 5+6 or 6+1 I can't remember which ( I have two boys so I just remember those two dates LOL) and his was 102 bpm with my first son. checked 2 weeks later and it was up to 152

I went for another scan today. Baby has grown to 1.5cm and heart rate of 143!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->