First scan in a couple of hours...

gypsy1981

Mum and expecting #2
Reaction score
I'm 12w4d and have my first scan at 2:30pm today. I feel so sick... think it's partly morning sickness but also partly nerves. I've been convinced since I got my BFP that something would go wrong with this pregnancy and never expected to get this far!

Sitting at work at the minute trying to concentrate on accounts and cannot get my brain to focus. Hoping and praying I get to see a healthy little 12 week baby in there!

Need a way of killing the next 75 mins until I leave work so perusing B&B and basically just wasting time :)

I know that anxiety that comes with waiting for the 1st scan, I almost puss myself in the waiting room (tho the massive amount of water of was required to drink could be blamed)
The chances of something being wrong is lesser than that of you getting good news so I have my fingers crossed that you'll be back soon to update with good news.

I felt exactly the same I didn't sleep for two nights before my scan but I'm sure will all be good news for you. Let us know how you get on

Good luck on scan today! All will be fine...

Thanks, all went great thankfully! Baby was very active and was propelling itself about by kicking :) I have also been moved forward 6 days so I guess I'm now officially in 2nd trimester :)

Crysstal I know exactly what you mean! They were running 20 mins behind too and I was literally desperate for the loo! X

I'm about 5w+1d, and just made my first appointment which is an ultrasound at 8 weeks.

Is it weird that my doctor doesn't do blood tests earlier, unless you're high risk? Should I be concerned?

Thanks, all went great thankfully! Baby was very active and was propelling itself about by kicking :) I have also been moved forward 6 days so I guess I'm now officially in 2nd trimester :)

Crysstal I know exactly what you mean! They were running 20 mins behind too and I was literally desperate for the loo! X

YAY, congratulations!

I'm about 5w+1d, and just made my first appointment which is an ultrasound at 8 weeks.

Is it weird that my doctor doesn't do blood tests earlier, unless you're high risk? Should I be concerned?

Are you in the UK? If so it's normal practice to not see a midwife/doctor until 8 weeks. Not sure about the US though x

Are you in the UK? If so it's normal practice to not see a midwife/doctor until 8 weeks. Not sure about the US though x

Thanks! I'm in the U.S., and I see so many women talking about their hcg levels, and doubling, etc., I thought I would have mine drawn, too. I just wish I didn't have to wait 3 weeks to confirm everything is healthy and normal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->